• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bag of Wheaties.....what to do???

2 posts in this topic

I have a bank bag full of Wheat cents that I purchased at least 10+ years ago. There is probably 4500+...maybe even 5,000 but I would have to count them again to know for sure. There is a really nice mixture of dates and mint marks starting in 1909 all the way up to 1958, but really no key or semi key dates. I know their is a 22-D and and a few better dates from the early 30's but again.....no 31-S, 14-D, 09-S etc.....so... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How long should I hold onto them and or...whould it even be worth my time to sell them on Ebay? I know that bag is so heavy the shipping would be pricey...... 893whatthe.gif

I guess the one good thing is that I broke up the coins by decades and put them in tube socks inside the bag so I can provide some pretty good statistics in reference to the mixture by decade if that would help them sell for more? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am just in a position now to have to move into a small apartment as my divorce gets started and these have literally been sitting in a closet for a decade. Maybe it's time they see the light of day again in some other collectors hands..... flowerred.gif

You can always sell them by Dutch auction by the roll, that way the shipping wouldn't be such a huge deal. If you sell them for $2-3 per roll and charged $2-3 for shipping it might work out better for you. Then just randomly pick out the cents in each roll for a good mix. Good luck!