• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1881-s toned Morgan

8 posts in this topic

Its made by Bowens. It from a photo supply store. She went in to ask what would work and the salesman said he sells coins on Ebay and this is what he uses. I guess she was lucky to get him. Good wife I think I'll keep her. The gift was just a I love you I was thinking of you. Not bad after 31 years of marriage. I have attached a second picture. The first picture is with three Ge reveal light bulbs, and the second is with three flour. that came with it. Which do you think looks better.

208387-1881-s(2).jpg.9ed1930624c122506c4737e26e64916c.jpg

The Reveal bulbs show a truer image color wise. Regular incandescent turns things yellow & fluorescent turns them blue as your pic shows.

Nice coin by the way.

Why, that's a no-brainer. The first image looks natural and accectuates the silver. The second is dull and alters the true colors of the coin.

How was this coin toned? I think that it's an interesting pattern. Very nice!!!

I like them both. It goes to show when you have a GREAT coin to begin with, photographing it is easier. You can even get it slightly "wrong" (not that you did) and the coin stills looks great.

That's some beautiful, deep color on that coin. You may want to try to mix the use of the bulbs by shotting with a combination of both types.