• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REgistry Problem

11 posts in this topic

Every time I put a PCGS or NGC coin in my NGC registry set and fill out everthing and push save, it comes back to my registry screen and the coin hasnt been entered. What am I doing wrong? sumo.gif

Are you attaching coin scans to the postings? That could be your problem. Either the format of the picture is wrong or the file may be too large.

• Administrator

You are not doing anything wrong. Entries do not automatically appear in sets, they are sent off to be verified. Once verified, you will receive a confirmation email and the entry will appear in your set. Verification usually happens within 1 to 2 business days depending on volume.

Please feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions or need some help using the registry.

Every time I put a PCGS or NGC coin in my NGC registry set and fill out everthing and push save, it comes back to my registry screen and the coin hasnt been entered. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. That's what happens - did you get the message saying they are qued for verification? If so, all is well.

Edited to add: oops - where'd Dena come from..... and why do I feel like I'm being watched!?! wink.gif

I got the messages they all for some reason failed and I have no clue why. I tried them all 2 or 3 times getting the exact cert number. It failed everything from a peace $ to a gold eagle to a wheatie. rantpost.gif

Make sure that the certificates are in the PCGS database. If NGC can't verify them online from PCGS, then they can't add them to your set. Also, make sure that the information that you enter regarding your coins match the online database. If you enter a coin as MS-64 and the database says MS-65, the coin will fail.

I don't know why you are having problems listing coins, however, the MS58 issue is not a problem. All coins that are business strikes will be shown as MS coins while those that are proof will be shown as PF. As an example, my complete type set has some circulated coins in it yet they are listed as MSF and MSVF for coins that are F12 and VF30.

• Administrator

The only set I see you started is a set for Gold $3 pieces 1854-1889.

Did you start other sets and then delete them when you didn't see the entries in the sets right away? If you did, once the entries were verified, they would have had no where to go.

Have you seen these directions for using the Registry? Hope it helps. If not, please contact me.