• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My US Type Collection

35 posts in this topic

Well, I finally did it! I created a website for my US Type Collection.

Here it is.

Not all the coins are posted yet, but all the ones I like are. wink.gif

I have posted some I don't particularly like as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But they'll go away once I replace them. grin.gif

I know how to avoid coins that I'll end up not liking now. makepoint.gif

I plan on writing more about the coins and making a directory with individual links so you don't have to scroll through the whole thing, but I have had enough html for now. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I like the way it's turned out. cloud9.gif

Constructive criticism (on whatever) welcomed, because I want to improve myself numismatically. smile.gif

Thanks!

-Amanda

Amanda, I think it's a really neat site with a lot of great photos and information. My only suggestion is to make it more obvious to an internet dummy like me on how to get to the photos and descriptions. It took me quite a while to figure out I needed to click on "Let's Go" to get to the set. After that it was very easy to navigate. Nice job overall!

Great pictures, great content. I would consider making the links a different color, have a mouse-over event, or both. I would also consider taking this site elsewhere – I don’t really care for geoes.

Great pictures, great content. I would consider making the links a different color, have a mouse-over event, or both. I would also consider taking this site elsewhere – I don’t really care for geoes.

The only suggestion I would make is what Winston said, move it elsewhere, or make it all on one page. The going from page to page, and having to close out the ugly Yahoo search thing every time could have driven a person insane.

Thanks for the feedback. smile.gif

Sorry about my links being confusing. frown.gif

I don't like the blue hyperlinks, but I suppose I could change the color. They are supposed to turn yellow on mouseover, are they not doing that?

I would get my own domain, but it's expensive. :P

I could upgrade to add-free GeocitiesPro though. It's a thought.

On my browser, the yahoo bar does not interfere with the site content. I suppose I should have thought about it, though. blush.gif

Thanks!

-Amanda

Overall, I think it looks terrific. I agree that it should be more intuitive to find the collection itself once you find your page, and I do not consider myself internet-challenged, and also think that the thin type face on a black background may cause eye fatigue for the viewer. In general, I am not a big fan of black background pages on the net. You may want to consider reversing the order of your shell case and stell cents to reflect their order of issue, likewise the war nickel and initials on reverse Jefferson. Lastly, a page with all the coins listed or thumbnail imaged would help greatly to get to specific coins without scrolling through the entire contents.

I don't like the blue hyperlinks, but I suppose I could change the color. They are supposed to turn yellow on mouseover, are they not doing that?

Yes they are once I get into the blog. I had to run my cursor all over the page to find out how to get in.

Very sweet set, Amanda. I can see how many a collector could be envious. thumbsup2.gif

Oh, decent year type for the SL quarter:

ARquarter.jpg

Oh, was that a barb? grin.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I will work on it more tonight. I think I'll probably end up with a page of thumbnails. Not difficult, but annoying.

Again, thanks!

-Amanda

I just got a chance to really look at that set, and I really like it. While I love lincoln copper that 73 seated liberty dime is a very nice coin. Nice set and good going putting it together.

EXCELLENT job Amanda!!! thumbsup2.gif

You've got a very nice collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif

One thing that did surprise me, given how inexpensive they are, is that you don't have a Franklin or any of the Kennedys. Is that by design or are you just using your money on other coins?

One thing that did surprise me, given how inexpensive they are, is that you don't have a Franklin or any of the Kennedys. Is that by design or are you just using your money on other coins?

I don't have a Franklin or Silver Kennedy yet...I haven't yet seen the perfect coin, and I won't settle for less.

Nice set Amanda! flowerred.gif

EXCELLENT job Amanda!!! thumbsup2.gif

You've got a very nice collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

My issue with those coins is...well, my Daddy dipped them before he gave me them and he didn't stabalize the surfaces with distilled water and now they have dip staining. I don't like them and I won't put pictures of them on my website.

I need to get some non-messed with ones, and I know that's an easy task, I just haven't done it yet.

-Amanda