• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1933 Colorado World Fair Medal

15 posts in this topic

I liked it so much, I used the BIN to get it. In the past, I've tried to win one at auction without success so I wasn't going to let this one get away.

Chris

The first time I saw one on eBay, I figured it would go for $75 so I bid $100. It ended selling for $129. The next time I saw one, I bid $125 and it sold for $140. When I saw this one for a BIN of $90, I wasn't going to wait until I returned home to Florida tomorrow night before pulling the trigger. It might have been too late. This one actually looks better than the other two.

Chris

I liked it so much, I used the BIN to get it. In the past, I've tried to win one at auction without success so I wasn't going to let this one get away.

Chris

Chris, this one has been dipped and is probably not uncirculated. I would have passed on this one. boo.gif

Chris

Chris, this one has been dipped and is probably not uncirculated. I would have passed on this one. boo.gif

How do you circulate a medal? 27_laughing.gif

I'm not looking at it as an investment. We'll see when I get it. If it is, so be it. At least I will have one until a better one comes along.

Chris

Grubby paws!

Does that mean that if it has been dipped and I am able to find a better example that you will buy this one from me?

Chris

Sure, as a doggy chain pendant for Caleb. 893whatthe.gif

I actually have a purple heart on his doggy chain since the redneck, peckerwood kid shot him with rock salt on my own property for whipping his dad. mad.gif

Grubby paws!

Does that mean that if it has been dipped and I am able to find a better example that you will buy this one from me?

Chris

Sure, as a doggy chain pendant for Caleb. 893whatthe.gif

I actually have a purple heart on his doggy chain since the redneck, peckerwood kid shot him with rock salt on my own property for whipping his dad. mad.gif

WTF 893whatthe.gif

I really like this design because:

(a) it's for the 1933 World's Fair

(b) the title is Century of Progress

© the slogan is Use Silver to Restore Prosperity

(d) it has a great smelting plant picture

(e) it's 1 oz of silver

(f) there are others you can collect to make a set

Overall, very cool!