• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you collect stamps? How about this article...

8 posts in this topic

It looks like it's permanently put away. That is, until someone steals it. Either way, we will probably never know the fate of the stamp.

Guess it would be a crime to open it early and remove the rarity, a crime involving politics!?!? foreheadslap.gif There goes another oxymoron................or just another dumkopf (sp?) for putting it on an envelope.

Just open the damn box...I don't see what the problem is.

Unfortunately, once the box is sealed it is against Florida law to open the box. In another article, the box is sealed for 20 years or can be opened by court order.

Remember, this is Florida... South Florida at that! This is where a good portion of the problems were in for the 2000 elections. I don't see the courts allowing the box to be unsealed for these reasons. Just as in numismatics, pedigrees can change the value of stamp. This stamp is now worth more than its cousins!

Isn't collecting wonderful! makepoint.gif

Scott hi.gif

There were re-productions of that stamp.

It may not even be genuine. Thing is, the Postal Service has some kind of software linked with the cancelling machine that verifies postage that is either genuine or not.

It is supposed to reject short-paid or phoney stamps so that postage can later be collected.

But, as previously stated, we're talking South Florida AND the Postal Service.........

Need I say more?