• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th Anniversary Sets

10 posts in this topic

I can't believe some of the auction prices on the silver sets when you can still order sets from the mint for 100. Granted they all will not grade a MS70 or PF70 but for some of the prices you could buy a ton of sets and submit them and have a good chance of getting a set in 70.

I've always purchased from the US Mint regualar delivery and it would come first class mail. This time they shipped my set PARCEL POST. It's been 2 weeks and they say I need to wait three weeks. I hate to think what it's going to look like IF and when if finally arrives.

Think I'm gonna order another set with different shipment just in case.

PARCEL POST??? FOR COLLECTOR COINS???? Gimme a break US Mint. Where is your head??? makepoint.gif

I went to order and noticed that they are sold out. Guess I'm Scr***. What *spoon* in their right mind would ship these type coins Parcel Post. If I would have known that I would have gladly paid the upgrade fee. Christo_pull_hair.gif

The SILVER anniversary set is sold out! Darn it!!!!! I thought I checked today and they were still available. I will check again. By the way, NGC does not and never did offer a first strike designation for the silver anniversary set.

J

No the silver set is not sold out. You can still order these. They are on backorder - Product will be available for shipping 12/08/2006.

No the silver set is not sold out. You can still order these. They are on backorder - Product will be available for shipping 12/08/2006.
Umm, the bold red text says you go on a wait list which means it's sold out:

Orders have been taken that meet the maximum mintage level of 250,000 for the American Eagle 20th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. We will continue to accept orders in the event cancellations occur.

You are right. I also noticed the same thing with the gold & silver coin set. I hope I got my order in on time, I guess I will have to wait and see.