• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Early American Copper (H1c & large cents) 1908-O Barber 50c 1962-D Franklin

8 posts in this topic

Hi all –

This week on eBay, I have some nice early American copper that’s downright affordable! smile.gif I also have a very nice 1908-O Barber half and a 1962-D Frankie.

Have a looksie if you have a chance!

Half Cents

1803 H1c C-3 G-05 detail, AG03 net A- EAC

1808 H1c C-3 AG03 detail, FR02 net A EAC

Large Cents

1801 S-220 1c AG03 obv, G06 det G04 net rev A EAC

1803 1c S-254, G06 details, AG03 net A- EAC

1807 1c S-276, G06 details, AG03 net A- EAC

1839 N-11 Booby Head 1c VF25 det, G06 net, S EAC

1844 N-1 Matron Hd 1c XF40 NTC; VF25 details, F15 net, A, EAC

1845 N-5 Matron Hd 1c AU53 NTC; VF25 details, VF20 net, A, EAC

1852 N1 Matron Hd 1c AU58 ANACS; EF45 details, EF40 net, A, EAC

1854 N-10 Matron Hd 1c AU55 NTC; VF30 details, VF25 net, A, EAC

1854 N-3 Matron Head 1c AU50 PCGS, EF40 A+ EAC

Half dollars

1908-O Barber 50c F-12 PCGS (looks better)

1962-D Franklin 50c MS-64 PCGS Bright & Appealing

Hoot

Your grades confused me: AU58 ANACS; EF45 details, EF40 net, A, EAC.

I ended up looking at the coins, grading them myself, and bidding what I thought was fair based on my personal evaluation of the condition. That just seems so wrong. Just tell me the slabbed grade and that's all I need to know. wink.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

What can I say? Personally, I want to know the coin's EAC grade if I'm a buyer, and if I'm a seller I like appealing to the EAC crowd.

Maybe I should have been more explicit about announcing the EAC grade, something like: EAC Grade: XXYYZZ, etc.

???

I don't know. I just can't stand trying to discern the market grade from the EAC grade by a photo, so I just tell the people. yeahok.gif

Mark.

One thing that always puts me off when bidding is the use of grades that are not widely accepted - i.e. G-5. It makes me wonder if the seller knows what he is talking about. Perhaps G-5 is an EAC grade, but for ease of everyone understanding, I'd use something like "G4/G6 condition" or "Better than G4, but not quite G6".

And your Barber is doing well! thumbsup2.gif

Good points. For EAC, G5 and G7 are both quite acceptable grades and commonly used.

It's interesting, there's quite a following of EAC-ers on eBay, but they are mostly cherrypickers. They get disgusted at copper being "overgraded" by sellers and also by market grades (complaining mostly in the EAC Region 8 newsletter), but a solid EAC selling presence simply does not exist on eBay. There are one or two sellers who seem to try, and I'm just trying my own hand at it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Educating the eBay audience, however, may be largely a vain effort. juggle.gif

So, I'll keep trottling along making my mistakes... tongue.gif

Mark.