• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are you into seated dimes??

8 posts in this topic

do you collect seated dimes? are you into

seated dime

type?

proofs?

business strikes?

toned?

varities?

other?? concerning seated dimes??

when will seated dimes have their place in the sun so to speak?

sincerely michael shy.gif this coin is a proof

206116-86dimePF.jpg.ce4c71e5e5df48a6a4bec90e70050228.jpg

Seated Dimes are cool, although I prefer half dimes grin.gif Something about the classic design, with all its detail, in this tiny little coin that just does it for me. I only have a few of them for now, but will eventually get more! I just need to find the money and the time again smile.gif

The seated design is a fabulous design for a small coin. I like it in larger coins as well, but to me the smaller the better smile.gif

I like the Seated designs, but the dimes and half dimes are too small to really appreciate it in my opinion. Much prefer the quarters and half dollars.

I like seated dimes, but I only have maybe 8 or so in circulated condition. My budget won't allow me for nicer examples in the seated series. It's great to look and envy at all the awesome pictures of them, though! grin.gif

I have always had a special fondness for SL and Barber Dimes. In higher grades, and toned, they are such delicate little works of art, like Minatures. Each one is unique like a little finger print, once seen always remembered.

But then, I also like Trimes for the same reasons. Plus, Trimes have some of the most breathtaking toning on earth. Odd little coins, with so many of their ranks melted in 1874. Rare in any higher grade of preservation (even Type I's), particularly Type II, Type III coins.