• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned ASE

13 posts in this topic

A little while ago someone posted a pic of a slabbed ASE that was toned with rainbow colors (like it was in a nuclear reactor?). Can someone pick out the thread? Also, if you know what I'm talking about, where can one find coins like that?

Are there any dealers that specialize in coins like that? Where can they be found for purchase?

I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole. 27_laughing.gif

I have posted a few and here are a few [...] or was it this one?1992aseobv600x600x300ug7.jpg
Very nice but not the specific one I was thinking of.

Still one of my favorites:
That's the one I was thinking of! I was under the impression that these were "manufactured" and wouldn't be too hard to come across but now I'm thinking I may have been mistaken. I would love to find something like that.
Nice. That's on my watch list now.

Still one of my favorites:

pcgseaglex.jpg

And this is naturally toned??

Scott hi.gif

The coin itself may or may not be, but one thing I will tell you for sure is the photo's hue/saturation has been enhanced...Mike

Whether the coin was or was not created in a lab so to speak......the price tag for a coin like that would still be substantial in today's market......be prepared to pay a very heft premium for colors like that on an ASE. You could probably pic up a nice bag toned morgan for the same price and be assured that it's mother natures handy work thumbsup2.gif