• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any of you ex-Navy guys serve on this ship?

25 posts in this topic

I got this from one of the local "characters" of Ft. Myers Beach. The USS John L. Hall is a guided missile frigate that was commissioned in 1982. She was built at the Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine.

1468209-IMG_1107.JPG1468209-IMG_1108.JPG

Chris

1468209-IMG_1108.JPG.172c07f0a69a9329c14f43a408b942ee.JPG

Nope. I was a "steely-eyed killer of the deep" aboard a "silent hunter" waiting to envoke mass destruction upon the "evil empire", not some "Target" skimmer, bobing around on the surface hoping to get a few of those missiles off before the torpedos broke the ship's keel and sent it down to the depths of the sea. poke2.gif

devil.gif

I got this from one of the local "characters" of Ft. Myers Beach. The USS John L. Hall is a guided missile frigate that was commissioned in 1982. She was built at the Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine.

1468209-IMG_1107.JPG1468209-IMG_1108.JPG

Chris

Too bad, I was hoping to give it to someone as a gift. Hey Lou, are you near the city of Bath?

Chris

Hey, RGT!

You were a "boomer"?

You guys had all the fun! (and you SUCK!) wink.gif

MINUTEMAN

Part of what makes America Strong!

Yep, I was on a boomer. And I always thought the "fast attack" guys had all the fun. At least they pulled into a port every now and then...

We used to hate you guys and the airplane drivers because the ALCM and SLCM guys got to launch for real and we figured that we'd never get to do anything because they'd let you guys launch long before they'd let us launch.

(Just because the burnt-out first stage motor would land on Chicago or the Canadian prairie was no reason not to let us do it!)

squids.......

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

tongue.gif

My Dad was in the Navy for over 20 years before he retired.....I earned the right to call em Squids 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I personally was a grunt!!!!

So, what's the difference? A grunt is still a fish.

Chris

Is a Squid a fish?

Your confusing me now Chris gossip.gif

poke2.gif

A fish lives in water. A squid lives in water. Neither can live out of the water. Were you a breach baby or a "Z-section"? poke2.gif

Chris

Is a Squid a fish?

No, they are cephalopods. flowerred.gif

A fish is a water-dwelling vertebrate with gills... Many types of aquatic animals named "fish" are not true fish, and in the case of animals such as jellyfish and cuttlefish, are not even vertebrates... Although most fish are exclusively aquatic... there are exceptions to both cases. Fish from a number of different groups have evolved the capacity to live out of the water for extended periods of time. Of these amphibious fish some such as the mudskipper can live and move about on land for up to several days.

- Wikipedia

Is a Squid a fish?

Your confusing me now Chris gossip.gif

poke2.gif

A fish lives in water. A squid lives in water. Neither can live out of the water. Were you a breach baby or a "Z-section"? poke2.gif

Chris

Neither...thank you sumo.gif

screwy.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

squids.......

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

tongue.gif

My Dad was in the Navy for over 20 years before he retired.....I earned the right to call em Squids 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I personally was a grunt!!!!

Ok, I will grant you a one time use of the term. flowerred.gif

Just don't let it happen again! makepoint.gif

grin.gif

Spent my time on Aircraft Carrriers. Over 5,000 people on board when deployed. 893whatthe.gif

I was on the Nimitz. Which one were you on, Lee?

I was on the Nimitz. Which one were you on, Lee?

JFK; 74-77

America; 78-80

Nimitz; 83-87 smile.gif

Saratoga; 90-92

John C. Stennis; Precomm Crew, 94-96

Hi Chris -- Bath is about 30 miles north of me. BIW is an amazing facility.

ffg58new1.jpg

Would you like me to send you this medal?

Chris