• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grading review?

2 posts in this topic

I have a coin in an older NGC holder that i feel is under graded.

Do i need to send it in and pay for a re-grade? or do i just send it in for appearance review?

Can i ship it in the same order (on a different form) with my 20th anniversary ASE set to save on shipping?

thanks.

• Administrator

Thanks for your questions.

If you have an NGC certified coin that you believe is undergraded, it should be sent to us as a regrade by selecting appropriate grading tier and "Regrade" as a service option. When a coin is sent to us in an NGC holder, it is guaranteed against downgrade.

Appearance review is used for a coin that you believe is overgraded, and that you want to have reviewed under the terms of the NGC guarantee.

Each submission invoice should only have one service option or grading tier selected, and holdered coins and raw coins cannot be submitted on the same invoice. You cannot submit a regrade with raw coins for grading on the same invoice. They can, however, be shipped to NGC together, and you can request that the items be shipped together upon completion to save on postage.

Note that you will have to wait until all items are completed before your coins will ship, and combining shipments is not always possible.