• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin....AT vs. NT opinions welcome

37 posts in this topic

Heck I might just send it in to see what happens.........my first thought is that NGC won't cross it becuase of the holder even if they like the coin by chance........but I don't want to crack it out either so......Maybe's it's worth the $30 bucks as an experiment with NGC. Mind you I don't know for sure it's AT but I think we can all agree that the odds are pretty slim on it being legit!!!

If I send it in....I will let everyone know what happens......regardless I will enjoy the coin for what it is..... thumbsup2.gif

Since when did Abe become a saint? confused-smiley-013.gif

Only the Lord knows if Abe is a saint or not.

As President of the United States during a Civil War among the states, he was a strong proponent of the Union when others had doubts the nation could be reunited. As an assassinated President he is forever in the American Pantheon of fallen heroes who stood up for what he believed in and made the ultimate sacrifice for his beliefs and country.

Undeniable MS70.
I would sure hesitate to argue with such an assessment from Greg on that particular topic. hail.gif

Edited to add: I thought the coin was AT (or artificially colored) before I saw Greg's post. However, he confirmed my thoughts, even though I wouldn't have been so certain as to have used the word "undeniable".

Undeniable might have been too positive of a word to use, but this coin has all the telltale signs of MS70 use. In fact, it is screaming them.

If the coin looks like the picture, then I think it grades at all the services without problem. I'd say no better than MS64 due to the carbon and dirt spots. And from the overall look of the coin, I'd guess that the coin was VERY dirty before curation.

so even though at. the coin is definitly market acceptable

Is that a statement or a question?

IMO the fact that a coin found it’s way into a slab does not make it market acceptable. I have made that conclusion on two separate purchases both in pcgs slabs. One CBH I purchased seemed like it was dipped one too many times; another CBH that I purchased had a scratch in it. They were both ebay purchases, and I have been using ebay less and less frequently for my coin purchases.

IMO the fact that a coin found it’s way into a slab does not make it market acceptable. I have made that conclusion on two separate purchases both in pcgs slabs. One CBH I purchased seemed like it was dipped one too many times; another CBH that I purchased had a scratch in it.

Actually, it probably does make it MA if it made it into a slab. It's not acceptable to you, but it is to the overall market.

Blast white Seated & Barber coinage is MA. I personally find it ridiculous looking, but it is MA.

IMO the fact that a coin found it’s way into a slab does not make it market acceptable. I have made that conclusion on two separate purchases both in pcgs slabs. One CBH I purchased seemed like it was dipped one too many times; another CBH that I purchased had a scratch in it.

Actually, it probably does make it MA if it made it into a slab. It's not acceptable to you, but it is to the overall market.

Blast white Seated & Barber coinage is MA. I personally find it ridiculous looking, but it is MA.

Fair enough