• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN 2007

39 posts in this topic

I'm not sure of the exact dates, but who will be attending the show in Orlando? I think it is the first week in January.???????

I'm wondering if Dena will post an invitation for the NGC Brunch. It was great last year. I don't know..........do you think that maybe they haven't invited me back because I ate too much?

Chris

Why is it just the Florida Numismatist group that gets all the glory? Why did everyone choose Flordia? Why not somewhere like Idaho, or something?

I'll not be there... frown.gif

Why is it just the Florida Numismatist group that gets all the glory? Why did everyone choose Flordia? Why not somewhere like Idaho, or something?

Because they don't want a bunch of potato farmers clogging up the aisles with their metal detectors. Besides.........Idaho in January????????????????

Chris

Because they don't want a bunch of potato farmers clogging up the aisles with their metal detectors. Besides.........Idaho in January????????????????

Chris

Okay, so maybe not Idaho... But why FLORIDA? It's the Florida united Numismatists... Why not some other state? Why did everyone choose FLORIDA's united numismatists?!

Ohh... I don't know... maybe it has something to do with the weather in Florida when the rest of the country is freezing its cannolis off!! poke2.gif

cool.gif

Scott hi.gif

Chris

Okay, so maybe not Idaho... But why FLORIDA? It's the Florida united Numismatists... Why not some other state? Why did everyone choose FLORIDA's united numismatists?!

Let's see:

If they moved it to the Georgia/Alabama border, it would be FUNGAL

If they moved it to New York, it would be FUNNY

if they moved it to Connecticut, it would be "De FUNCT"

If they moved it to Kentucky, it would be FUNKY

Can anyone think of any other examples?

Chris

Chad, are you serious? I'm afraid you are. It's in Florida because the numismatic association of the state of Florida runs the show. This is simply a state run show, it's not the ANA.

Chad, are you serious? I'm afraid you are. It's in Florida because the numismatic association of the state of Florida runs the show. This is simply a state run show, it's not the ANA.

I realize that... But why is it such a large show? I mean, NGC, PCGS, Heritage, and many other organizations are there. You don't see them at my local show.

It's been around since 1955 and has always had a good dealer & collector turnout.....most likely becuase of the weather and the fact that dealers could attend a nice show and have a great vacation at the same time. cloud9.gif

While Baltimore and Pittsburg etc are nice places to visit......most folks in the country don't necessarily vacation there.....at least not in the numbers that visit Sunny Florida!!!

The good news for me is I live in Orlando so all I have to do is hop in the car and drive on over it I want to attend... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I realize that... But why is it such a large show? I mean, NGC, PCGS, Heritage, and many other organizations are there. You don't see them at my local show.

They wanna go where its a fun state. Easy Access but not soo jammed. Its a tourist area that makes alot of sense. Good Show host as well. Win Win!

I can't attend either........ wish i could though!!

Russ sorry.gif

• Administrator
I'm wondering if Dena will post an invitation for the NGC Brunch. It was great last year. I don't know..........do you think that maybe they haven't invited me back because I ate too much?

Chris

Sorry for the late response here...yes, we are having a lunch at noon on Saturday at the FUN show. I'm working on the email invitation now but I'll already go ahead and put you down on my 'yes' list grin.gif

Look forward to seeing everybody there thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Sorry for the late response here...yes, we are having a lunch at noon on Saturday at the FUN show. I'm working on the email invitation now but I'll already go ahead and put you down on my 'yes' list grin.gif

Look forward to seeing everybody there thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Dena, I'm looking forward to it, too! What is the date for that Saturday? Like last year, are we allowed to bring a guest?

Chris

• Administrator

Thanks, Dena, I'm looking forward to it, too! What is the date for that Saturday? Like last year, are we allowed to bring a guest?

The date is Saturday, January 6th and, like last year, the invitation includes a guest.

• Administrator
If Dena is going to be there.....I might have to rethink this..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You do realize that many of us will be waiting anxiously to see what you will wear? grin.gif

If Dena is going to be there.....I might have to rethink this..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You do realize that many of us will be waiting anxiously to see what you will wear? grin.gif

Yes I have given that much thought and feel I might not live up to expectations if I do attend 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I was dressed up as a whoppie cusion for halloween so obviously I haven't lost my shock and awe touch yay.gif

Yes I have given that much thought and feel I might not live up to expectations if I do attend 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I was dressed up as a whoppie cusion for halloween so obviously I haven't lost my shock and awe touch yay.gif

You could always wear your AT shirt. With all the controversy going on around here lately, it might just start a riot and then I could get more food from the buffet while nobody is looking.

Chris

I'm expecting to make the trip down again this year. I might be PMing a couple of you local yokels for some recommendations on accommodations. grin.gif

I'm expecting to make the trip down again this year. I might be PMing a couple of you local yokels for some recommendations on accommodations. grin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Lou. If I didn't live so far away (220 miles), I'd invite a few to stay at the house.

Chris

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Lou. If I didn't live so far away (220 miles), I'd invite a few to stay at the house.

Chris

I thought we were all going to crash at Shane's place? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Dena hi.gif