• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Old Books - Liberty Head Dimes - HARCO

15 posts in this topic

I have a question to some of you more experienced Liberty head dime folks.

My next thing hitting the Marketplace or Ebay is an Old Harco Album of liberty head Dimes - Complete with that old time smell smile.gif. Tell you the truth I have not clue what this thing is worth ... some of the dates are pretty wanted. Like the 1903s ( 613,300 made ) But has a little damage is this still a wanted coin in this condition. It is not even a wafer like some of the other coins in this collection.

The book dates are from 1892-1916 and comsists of 42 dimes including first year.Includes the following better dates 1916s / 1913s / 1912s /1910s /

1906o / 1900o etc etc

Should I sell it as a collection or part it out ...

any input would be appreciated

mike

1462188-1903s_lib.jpg

1462188-1903s_lib.jpg.2be0b7a383cb044e157965a693362b0e.jpg

So your suggestion would be to sell as a collection with good pictures to show the problems / details or lack thereof ?

I'm going to disagree with TomB ( 893whatthe.gif ) and say that, while I cannot speak about the market's behavior as a whole like he can, I personally find this coin very attractive and the rim-ding doesn't bother me greatly.

JMHO

Zach

Mike----My experience with Ebay comes down to the pictures. If you put good ones on like the 1903S coin, no matter how you sell---you should get fair market value. If the buyer can see what he is bidding on----prices are usually better. Personally, I would split them up by putting them in groups by year or mintmark. But the pictures are the key to selling. Bob [supertooth]

I don't think Zach and I are disgreeing here ( thumbsup2.gif) since I am only relating my personal experience and he is stating his personal preference.

I don't think Zach and I are disgreeing here ( thumbsup2.gif) since I am only relating my personal experience and he is stating his personal preference.

WHEW!! That was a close one! ban-llama.gif

here is what I would do... try the set once as a whole with a decent starting price. If it moves then your good, if not break it up and sell it that way.

I would suggest parting the set out. Sell the keys and semi-keys individually, then sell the common coins as a lot. The dings on that 1903-S are a pretty significant detriment in my opinion.