• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New top 100 Vam for the collection,,,,1900 O vam 15

16 posts in this topic

Cool clash marks, too! thumbsup2.gif

-Amanda

Thats why I originally bought the coin and the Vam was just a bonus...

The reverse has 2 sets of clashes completely sepperated from one another....actually the obverse does as well...I am glad you like it. thumbsup2.gif

My daughter went with me to the shop and she bought her first coin today...

She's 5 grin.gif

Untitled-8-3.jpg

Untitled-9-3.jpg

I like it, Pat! Here are some I bought recently:

1888-O VAM 9 Top 100 - Doubled Arrows (Sorry, I can't get a close-up)

1461915-IMG_1085.JPG1461915-IMG_1086.JPG

These aren't Top 100, but I just got them back from Leroy Van Allen today:

#1 - 1882-CC VAM 3B

1461915-IMG_1087.JPG1461915-IMG_1088.JPG

#2 - 1882-CC VAM 3B (Same Die State as #1)

1461915-IMG_1089.JPG1461915-IMG_1090.JPG

#3 - 1882-CC VAM 3B (Later Die State)

1461915-IMG_1091.JPG1461915-IMG_1092.JPG

#4 - 1882-CC VAM 3B (Late Die State)

1461915-IMG_1093.JPG1461915-IMG_1094.JPG

#5 - 1882-CC VAM 2c

1461915-IMG_1095.JPG1461915-IMG_1096.JPG

1461915-IMG_1097.JPG

I'm sorry that I can't provide any close-ups. My lighting sucks, and I can't get any decent shots.

Chris

1461915-IMG_1097.JPG.cae59fff96a899e0d931e5a1e1a305b1.JPG

That 88 O is hot...... But I just noticed the rest were CC morgans....Did you pick them up raw or were they crack outs.....either way thats a boatload of money...That last one is a smoker...almost PL....whats the dark spot on #2 's rev......Are you going to be selling them?

Not trying to be a pain but i more question.. have you or anyone else ever asked NGC if they could attribute Morgans or Peaces off of Mr Allens paperwork...I believe that NGC limits the vams that they will attribute and I have a peace dollar thats an R6 but I don't think that it's on NGC's list.

Nice coins, Patrick & Chris; congrats. Here's my best attempt at trash talk: Isn't it true that Vammers are just Shield variety collector wannabes? grin.gif

Hey Chris ,Excellent coins one and all.Is there a website where I can go to for submitting them to Leroy.....

Contact info:

Leroy Van Allen

P.O. Box 169

Sidney, OH 45365

E-mail: vams@bright.net

You will have to send your submission to Leroy via registered mail. There is a $5.00 fee for attributing each coin and you must include an amount for return shipping via registered mail. In the event that the coin is a new variety, Leroy will refund the attribution fee.

NOTE: Be sure to include with your submission a detailed description of the areas of the coin in question. If you read the letter that I included in my previous post, you will note that certain clashes and die chips do not warrant attribution and may only be used as markers.

Chris

Nice coins, Patrick & Chris; congrats. Here's my best attempt at trash talk: Isn't it true that Vammers and just Shield variety collector wannabes? grin.gif
I love shields grin.gif,,,I just can't affoed them... frown.gif

That 88 O is hot...... But I just noticed the rest were CC morgans....Did you pick them up raw or were they crack outs.....either way thats a boatload of money...That last one is a smoker...almost PL....whats the dark spot on #2 's rev......Are you going to be selling them?

I won the '88-O on eBay for $24.

I don't want to see you cry over your keyboard, but I bought a 19-coin "roll" of '82-CC's from a friend. He offered to sell them to me for MS60 Greysheet bid. No, I wasn't taking advantage of him. He knows his coins. The reason it wasn't a full roll was because he cherrypicked a real killer. In my opinion, none of these will grade less than 63; many of them are 64; two of them may just get a 65, and one looks to be DMPL.

The dark spot on the reverse of #2 is just a little dirt......nothing to be concerned about.

I don't know if I will sell them or not. Here is my predicament:

I want to have all 19 of them graded, but I don't know whether I should submit any or all to NGC or PCGS. Has anyone else noticed that PCGS seems to be a bit generous grading Morgans or is it just me? However, I want #1-4 (from my earlier post) in the NGC multi-holder (separate 2-coin sets) with the attribution and "Early Die State" & "Late Die State" noted on the insert. I don't know if NGC will do this based solely on Leroy's letter, so I'll have to ask them.

I would also like to have another 4-coin multi-holder for a mintmark set. I currently have an '82-P, an '82-S and one of these CC's that are nicely toned. I need to find a similarly-toned '88-O to complete the set.

By the way, all 19 of the '82-CC's are the VAM 3 "Low C" mintmark, but that is quite common.

Chris

Not trying to be a pain but i more question.. have you or anyone else ever asked NGC if they could attribute Morgans or Peaces off of Mr Allens paperwork...I believe that NGC limits the vams that they will attribute and I have a peace dollar thats an R6 but I don't think that it's on NGC's list.

I don't know if they will accept documentation from Leroy or not, but I will be finding out soon. As far as I know, they are currently using the "Top 100" and the "Hot 50". I don't know if there are any others, but I do recall that NGC recently announced new changes for their Variety Plus service.

Chris

Nice coins, Patrick & Chris; congrats. Here's my best attempt at trash talk: Isn't it true that Vammers and just Shield variety collector wannabes? grin.gif

Lou, are you practicing already for St. Patty's Day or are you just turning green with envy? yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Shield nickels are really nice, but I like something that has a little heft to it. Besides, I'm almost blind and I can't see the little buggers.

Chris

I don't want to see you cry over your keyboard, but I bought a 19-coin "roll" of '82-CC's from a friend. He offered to sell them to me for MS60 Greysheet bid. No, I wasn't taking advantage of him. He knows his coins. The reason it wasn't a full roll was because he cherrypicked a real killer. In my opinion, none of these will grade less than 63; many of them are 64; two of them may just get a 65, and one looks to be DMPL.

. Here is my predicament:

I want to have all 19 of them graded, but I don't know whether I should submit any or all to NGC or PCGS. Has anyone else noticed that PCGS seems to be a bit generous grading Morgans or is it just me?

Chris

PCGS is a give away on CC morgans.ANACS isn't much better IMO.

as far as gradeing them I would go singular so that If you wanted to sell them down the road (for upgrades or whatever ) it won't be as much of a hassle.

I didn't shed a tear but I am gonna say you did pretty good. thumbsup2.gif