• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting coins slabbed by INB

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have some coins that were slabbed by INB. If I submit them will they get graded and slabbed by NGC? I do not believe INB graded these coins correctly and would like them graded correctly.

• Administrator

Coins graded by other grading services can be set to NGC using our crossover service.

When submitting a coin for crossover, you should request a minimum grade that is acceptable to you. Here are a few additional instructions:

If you only want coins graded by NGC at the same or higher grade, write “SAME” in the minimum grade column. If you will accept a lower minimum grade, you have two options. If you want the coin in an NGC holder, regardless of how much it downgrades, write “ANY” in the minimum grade column. Or, for example, if the coin is in an MS65 holder and you will accept a grade of MS63 or higher from NGC, write “MS63” in the minimum grade column. If the coin grades MS63 or higher, it will be returned to you in an NGC holder. If it grades MS62 or lower, it will be returned to you in the original holder in which it was submitted.

A few very important notes. If a coin does not meet your specified minimum grade, and the coin is returned to you in its original holder, you are still charged full grading fees. If you select “ANY” as your minimum grade, problem coins will still not be certified by NGC, and returned to you in the original holder. Again, grading fees still apply.

If a coin does not cross to NGC, our graders will write a note to you explaining why the coin failed to meet your specified minimum grade.

Last, another important reminder. It is not possible to request an upgrade using the crossover service. The highest acceptable minimum grade is SAME. If you specify a higher grade than assigned by another grading service, your submission will not be processed and you will be contacted to correct your submission form.