• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1967 Canada Centennial Commem Set in Red Leather Box (Unopened) at Bullion

6 posts in this topic

At this time the sets are reserved. Thank you.

For sale here are two original, still-in-box 1967 Canada Confederation prooflike silver sets. These sets are available individually or together and feature an incredibly well made and attractive group of coins that truly set the standard for modern commemoratives. The sets consist of six coins and one Confederation Medal (the size of the dollar) for a total of seven pieces. The cent has an image of the rock dove, the nickel has the rabbit (hare), the dime has the mackerel, the quarter has the wildcat (bobcat), the half dollar has the wolf and the dollar has the Canada goose. The designs are sleek, clean and quite attractive. Each also features an effigy of Queen Elizabeth.

The medal, dollar and half dollar are 0.800-fine silver while the quarter and dime come in two varieties that are either 0.800-fine silver or 0.500-fine silver. There is no simple way to determine the variety that the dime and quarter are, therefore, for purposes of calculating bullion value I will use the less fine silver value. These sets are UNOPENED and in their ORIGINAL Royal Canadian Mint shipping boxes. Coins from these sets can turn amazing shades of navy blue, they can also become quite dark and less attractive or they may remain essentially white. Additionally, the cent and nickel are not the same composition traditionally seen in US coinage. The nickel is 0.999-fine nickel and this makes for a very white piece while the cent is 0.980-fine copper. Since these sets have never been opened I have no idea what they will look like.

There are many images linked to this thread of how this set will appear when original and unopened while it is being opened for the first time. The Royal Canadian Mint produced high quality coinage for this set that was subsequently housed in attractive, high quality materials. These sets contain at the very least 50.72 grams of silver bullion, which is 1.63 troy ounces of silver. The bullion price of silver is approximately $12 an ounce, therefore, each set contains approximately $20 in silver bullion alone, without taking into consideration the cent, nickel or associated numismatic values. I will accept nearly bullion price for each ENTIRE SET. Each set is priced at $21 plus $4 shipping and insurance for a final price of $25 if purchased individually. If purchased together then shipping and insurance will be combined to reflect a reduced rate. Since these sets are UNOPENED and in their ORIGINAL Royal Canadian Mint shipping boxes and I am accepting bullion bid for them, they cannot be returned. Thank you for your time.

Sealed shipping box with Royal Canadian Mint tape

Shipping box with white cardboard boxed set next to it

Better view of white boxed set

Red leather box with information packet and plastic wrapping

Plastic wrapping removed

Better view of red leather box with information packet

Red leather box

Satin inner top to red leather box

Box open with coins shown on inner black velvet display

Side view of display

Back view of display

Confederation medal next to silver dollar

Same as above with silver dollar showing Canadian goose

Unopened 1967... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... that is a long time to wait for the first strike designation.

27_laughing.gif

Sounds like two very cool sets, Tom. thumbsup2.gif

those canadian cofederation medals are one of the hottest looking coins I have ever seen. I have a couple of them and their simple design is what makes them for me.

Nice grab to whoever they are reserved for, you will not be disappointed.