• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1938 Jefferson Concept??

19 posts in this topic

These are excellent tokens and were produced by Darrell Crane for the Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club, for which I'm the editor of their quarterly newsletter. The pieces are made to the exact dimensions of the Jefferson nickel and can be ordered directly from Darrell Crane in both an "uncirculated" and proof finish. You can order sets with matching strike numbers as well. You may order them without being a member of the Club. Here's the information:

A limited production of one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight (1,938) Uncirculated pieces and one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight (1,938) Proof pieces will be struck. Each piece is .999 silver, with a diameter of 21.2mm (standard Jefferson nickel size). Each piece is encapsulated in SEGS world-class holder, and numbered 1 thru 1,938 in the order of their emission.

MATTE UNCIRCULATED: $38.00 PROOF: $42.00

shipping & handling is included in price

NAME: FSNC MEMBERSHIP #

ADDRESS:

CITY, STATE & ZIP CODE:

PHONE &/OR EMAIL:

QUANTITY DESIRED:

UNCIRCULATED

PROOF

EMISSION NUMBER DESIRED (if available):

Send check or money order to:

Darrell Crane, FSNC, P.O. Box 10909, Burbank, CA 91510-0909

1453282-1938AwardWinningDesignFSNCuncobv.JPG

1453282-1938AwardWinningDesignFSNCuncobv.JPG.5fb38dc0de2963e08ecbac4e7cebc826.JPG

These are excellent tokens and were produced by Darrell Crane for the Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club, for which I'm the editor of their quarterly newsletter. The pieces are made to the exact dimensions of the Jefferson nickel and can be ordered directly from Darrell Crane in both an "uncirculated" and proof finish. You can order sets with matching strike numbers as well. You may order them without being a member of the Club. Here's the information:

A limited production of one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight (1,938) Uncirculated pieces and one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight (1,938) Proof pieces will be struck. Each piece is .999 silver, with a diameter of 21.2mm (standard Jefferson nickel size). Each piece is encapsulated in SEGS world-class holder, and numbered 1 thru 1,938 in the order of their emission.

MATTE UNCIRCULATED: $38.00 PROOF: $42.00

shipping & handling is included in price

NAME: FSNC MEMBERSHIP #

ADDRESS:

CITY, STATE & ZIP CODE:

PHONE &/OR EMAIL:

QUANTITY DESIRED:

UNCIRCULATED

PROOF

EMISSION NUMBER DESIRED (if available):

Send check or money order to:

Darrell Crane, FSNC, P.O. Box 10909, Burbank, CA 91510-0909

1453282-1938AwardWinningDesignFSNCuncobv.JPG

thanks alot hoot!!! i was thinking of getting one but have been waiting for next one to hit eBay 27_laughing.gif thanks now i can just order on when i get the chance, D

I like these very much. They were produced for the Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club (JFSNC) a few years ago and follow much more closely the winning Schlag design than Congress eventually allowed. Production was in both brilliant proof and matte finishes. All the pieces were certified by SEGS and were sequentially numbered in parallel (matching numbers for brilliant and matte pieces). The mintage was limited to 1938 pieces each. They were available for about $39 each and it took at least a year or two to sell out the mintage. I own one of the matte pieces and think it is very cool.

Oh, sure Hoot, why don't you not only beat me to the info but also get it entirely correct! frustrated.gifwink.gif

Listen to Hoot regarding these pieces, I thought they were sold out but am obviously wrong.

So if I send a check and that form to that PO box, they'll send me a coin? Do you have a website or e-mail address for this?

These coins look very cool, and I'm interested in getting one. smile.gif

Zach

Zach et al., Yes, if you send a check to that address, Darrell has them on-hand (I just spoke with him). Again, they are quite nice.

Hoot

hey hoot is this the right link?? found from google search.

http://www.grasshoppernet.com/USMexNA/fsnc.htm

if not let me know and I will remove it. D

The FSNC actually does not have an official web site. A member started a web site years ago and never followed through on finishing it. The site you found depicts a correct order form (just as I placed above) and the correct address, but that's all.

Hoot

Hello,,,,,,? If you don't mind me asking,,,,Does anyone really know just how

many of these are left, of Proof and Matte Finish ? \

You would think, that they would all be sold by now,,,,,unless' of course theres

someone making more of them, that look identical to these,,,( an' in this day

an age, that really wouldn't surprize me that much.)

Hello,,,,,,? If you don't mind me asking,,,,Does anyone really know just how

many of these are left, of Proof and Matte Finish ? \

You would think, that they would all be sold by now,,,,,unless' of course theres

someone making more of them, that look identical to these,,,( an' in this day

an age, that really wouldn't surprize me that much.)

I think they only made 1,938 sets, I have set #813, but I bought mine second hand as I thought they were all sold out.

I think they only made 1,938 sets, I have set #813, but I bought mine second hand as I thought they were all sold out.
As far as I know the FSNC is all sold out on these and has been for a couple of years. Currently, their only available on the aftermarket.

And yes, 1,938 sets were produced and sold at approximately $75 per set.