• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Previously Owned NGC Slab Question

9 posts in this topic

I recently bought an NGC slabbed Ike dollar for my registry set. When I entered the serial number, the system said that it was already registered to another user. There was also a message along the lines of that the previous owner would be asked to release the coin.

How long does this take? My registry has not been updated in a while with the coin nor is there any indication that a review is in progress. Please help!!

Scott hi.gif

Same has happened to me. They have a procedure they will follow to allow the coin to be released. It will not take long.

Also, you may want to take in consideration that NGC has just went though a move into a new facility. thumbsup2.gif

• Administrator

When you add a coin to your set that is already registered to another user, a message is automatically sent to the other user requesting that they release the coin. The entry sits in a location where registry administrators can see that it is pending. If the original owner does not release the coin within a few days, the administrator will manually transfer the coin to you and an email will automatically be sent to you and the original owner confirming the transfer.

When you add a coin to your set that is already registered to another user, a message is automatically sent to the other user requesting that they release the coin. The entry sits in a location where registry administrators can see that it is pending. If the original owner does not release the coin within a few days, the administrator will manually transfer the coin to you and an email will automatically be sent to you and the original owner confirming the transfer.

Dena: Define "a few days." I think it's been over a week since I submitted the request.

Scott hi.gif

Dena... I received the note. THANK YOU!! thumbsup2.gif

That now puts me at 87th with one coin in grading and two that were just shipped!!

Scott hi.gif