• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pieces that evade you...

9 posts in this topic

Are there types of coins that you have a peripheral interest in, or even a direct interest in...or something that you're 'sort of' looking for but just never find, or when they come up, you don't have the money to buy them, or it seems like everyone else has a nice one, but you can never find one??? I do..

Like I never seem to be able to get my hands on nice colorful RB Matte Proof Lincolns

Or Two cent pieces like just displayed in Mike Printz' two cent post.

That 1866 Shield Nickel that either I just missed, or the money wasn't available, or IGWT got! (sour grapes, I didn't want that ugly coin anyway...)

The affordable Trade dollar that doesn't look like doowap

?????

Two coins come to mind to complete sets started years ago.

A nice 1909 VDB matte proof.

A nice 1857 quarter with the clash from the cent.

I see these come up now and then, but it's never the right coin to finally end the set. Maybe I'm just too picky. smile.gif

Nothing wrong with being too picky, Larry. thumbsup2.gif I guess the closest thing for me would be an 1803 Draped Bust half, either variety, in choice VF or EF with wonderfully original and dark surfaces that haven't been boinked.

One I would love to find is a MS-60+ 1922 No D Lincoln Cent.

My goal is to put together a complete set of Red Lincolns and I have a number of holes prior to 1929 that I need to fill. But the 1922 No D will be difficult, if not impossible, to find as a red coin. I don't think any exist! So for this, I am lowering my standard to a red-brown Lincoln with a good bit of red showing. But that may be just as difficult.

Yes... I do have a 1909-S VDB in red (MS-62 RD). Although it cost more, it was easier to find!

Scott hi.gif

I would like nice, uncirculated, reasonably priced silver 1876 Centennial and 1915 PanPac medals. cloud9.gif

Both are listed in the HK reference as SCD's. The Centennial medal is the first US Mint medal production.

There are too many to name. frown.gif I cannot even seem to complete my goofy little Jefferson nickel collection because I can't find a few of the dates/mints with the kind of attractive surfaces I like.

Hoot