• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Lincoln

12 posts in this topic

Well actually this is the first Lincoln I've purchased in 35 years and it is currently the only Lincoln cent in my collection. I bought this from Mike Printz at Larry Whitlow ltd to fill the Lincoln cent slot in my mint state toned type set. The coin in hand is definitely more colorful than the image but Mike did an excellent job of capturing the "essence" of the coin. The luster just explodes off the coins surfaces. I hope Mike doesn't mind my changing the background from his signature blue to black? grin.gif

Thanks Mike for another great coin...... now find me a two cent piece that looks just like it! wink.gif

1909-s_vdb_sm.jpg

That looks like a spectacular coin, and I might add that Mike sent me an email to tell me that your coin looks eerily similar to my 1909 VDB that he had previously imaged for me. thumbsup2.gif

I kinda like the slight blue haze above each initial in VDB ... I am slightly jealous of the coin BUT I am not a lincoln collector per se .. but a beauty

nevertheless

congrats

That's a very pretty Lincoln, and the fact that it's an '09-S VDB makes it even better. I'd love to see the other "type" coins for your set...

Well actually this is the first Lincoln I've purchased in 35 years and it is currently the only Lincoln cent in my collection. I bought this from Mike Printz at Larry Whitlow ltd to fill the Lincoln cent slot in my mint state toned type set. The coin in hand is definitely more colorful than the image but Mike did an excellent job of capturing the "essence" of the coin. The luster just explodes off the coins surfaces. I hope Mike doesn't mind my changing the background from his signature blue to black? grin.gif

Thanks Mike for another great coin...... now find me a two cent piece that looks just like it! wink.gif

1909-s_vdb_sm.jpg

very very very nice coin hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifthumbsup2.gif

I want to be like Boiler when I grow up. tongue.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif You know ,I think Boiler has a collection that would go well with a glass of Drambuie or some 150 year old Grand Marnier.....

I would love to see his whole collection.AND I would happily buy the refreshments. wink.gif