• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have to know the dark side to know the full extent of the force?

7 posts in this topic

No not that darkside! The coin doctoring side. Occasionally, I read comments on the boards about toning coins using potato sacks, windowsills, matches, etc. I also read comments from people who say that they can identify these methods of toning. It occurs to me that one must see these coins to be able to identify them as being toned under a certain set of conditions, which leads me to wonder, “Do I need to do these things to become more knowledgeable about toning?” confused-smiley-013.gif

What are your thoughts?

* This thread is not aimed at anyone, intended to upset anyone, turn into an ugly thread, etc. etc. This is an honest question that I am wondering.

Some of this is true but you didn’t hear it from me. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, I do believe if you pay attention to the right people and there comments on toned coinage you can learn to recognize suspicious toning.

And a little hands on experienced helps as well. insane.gif

And I think TomB would be one to give good advise. thumbsup2.gif

You think I should listen to TomB!? He always seemed like a suspect character to me 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

he might be suspect, but he's right!!! gossip.gif