• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off-Topic - New Arrivals

16 posts in this topic

Several months ago, we lost our very faithful and beloved Rottie - Nitro - to an obscure blood disease. My wife was devastated, as he was just two years old. He spent a month in intensive care at a regional animal hospital, and the bill came to about three full sets of Morgan Dollars. If I had to do it all over again, we would have done the same.

Yesterday, we picked out our new family members. Yet to be named, we have opted for these two little brothers who will turn eight weeks on Monday.

While not NGC certified, they are AKC Certified of Champion bloodlines. Judging from their structure, they will probably both easily reach Nitro's size of 150 lbs.

With that said, I will not be hesitant to leave my coins at home when we go out for the day.

47656-P1010040.jpg

47656-P1010040.jpg.58908dd3d33204c7cc163b71f451556a.jpg

Nice Frank! You should think about Gobrecht and Pollock for some nice obscure names in honor of the coins in their trust!!! lol!

Hoot

thanks for the kind comments. Names are yet to be determined but my wife is driving herself crazy with it, and will for the next week.

If they were going to grow up to be anything but huge imposing looking monsters, I would not hesitate to name them Abbott and Costello, but I just can't do it with a straight face!

Frank! I don't know of a Rot that was a huge imposing looking monster that the owner did not want it to be! Most of the Rots I've known were big slobbery playful things with inquisitive ways and gentle hearts! (And big heads! blush.gifsmile.gif )

Hoot

Now those are 2 sweet looking pups. smile.gif Congrats on the new arrivals and good luck with the naming game. When we got our second one 3 years ago, we played around with what to name him for about 2 weeks. We were strongly leaning towards PITA, but finally decided on Onyx.

Have you taken out stock in the dog food company yet? With how big those boys will get, I imagine you will be going through just a bit of food. wink.gif

2lab:

having had one 150 lber, we know what to expect.

As for naming, the litle fella in the foreground is Conan. Not sure about #2 yet.

Hoot:

As to them being fierce looking, I would like to discourage anyone from trying to enter my house while I am away. So that is ok. AFter all, I do keep some of my coins at home!

I had a rottie. They are the best dogs. I thought mine was stupid or something because I would come home and find him sleeping. I thought, some watch dog he is, but he wasn't stupid, he was just damn smart. He knew it was me so why bother getting up in a hurry.

He proved this over and over again. Once, while he was outside, the gas man came to read the meter in the basement. We were down there with the basement door shut. Max was outside in the backyard. He came in through his dog door and must have smelled the gas man because he was at the basement door snarling and growling.

I lived in a row home next to an elderly couple. They knew Max since he was a puppy. The old man would reach across the fence and stick his hand in Max's mouth and wrestle with him. Max never hurt him, however, one day my wife was on the front porch with Max talking to the woman who lived next to us.

A man came to visit the woman and asked if Max bit. Although Max had never bit anyone, told the man yes. He said, lets see and thrust his hand towards my wife and Max. Guess what? Max bit his hand and almost severed the man's wedding band.

Served the jerk right. I think Max did his job and did it well.

Here is an update, and thank you all for your kind comments.

Our previous Rottie Nitro was fully named Nitro Von Baron.

The two new pups are going to carry his memory as "von baron" as well.

My wife has opted for Conan Von Baron and Turbo Von Baron. Conan is in the foreground.

As an aside, should I come home one day and find them teething on my Morgans they will be re-named Conan and Turbo Von TOAST!