• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The UNnumisma-quest.

6 posts in this topic

Since I already know the answer. I give myself the prize, an all expense trip to Jamaica. 893whatthe.gif

Question: In what year was the most varieties of US half dollars produced, excluding patterns and territories, but including all mints, proofs and MS?

TRUTH

I'm going to guess 1936 because that is the year that the original commem series was hit hard by abuse in both issuing and distribution. I think there are over 30 different coins (designs and mints) from 1936 alone. 893whatthe.gif

Tom,

You are correct!!!!!! In 1936, the commemorative series added to the regular halves to make over 39 different halves in MS(including mintmarks), as well as regular issue proof, and commemorative issue proofs and specimens.

For your prize, you get a picture of me enjoying Jamaica. 893whatthe.gif

TRUTH

I hope it's at a topless beach and the women are attractive and enjoy posing for pictures! shocked.gifgrin.gif

Good News: it IS a topless beach!! grin.gif

Bad News: Your arrival time is the same week as the Jenny Craig Convention. 893whatthe.gif