• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copystands???

21 posts in this topic

I bought a copy stand when I got my digital SLR and macro lens. I think it would be difficult to use a macro lens in hand. I'm not positive, but I think this is the copy stand I bought.

Testrite CS-3

It's sturdy enough for my camera and lens and was fairly inexpensive, as copy stands go.

Lots of options out there. You can get just the post to this copy stand for about $300. You can make your own base to fit your space. It's a great post if you have a heavy SLR with a long lens. Not what someone would need for a small, light camera but it's just an option. smile.gif

436178nf0.jpg

Paul, thanks for the link. I was speaking with my step-father today about copystands because he does some photography. Apparently he has one that he use to use to make slides. Anyway he says he isn’t using it anymore and it’s just taking up space. He’s going to get a couple new bulbs for it and bring it over next week or the week after. Hopefully, that will work out but I’ll save this link just in case.

Thanks again thumbsup2.gif

Winston

Winston,

Before I bought my copystand I used the stand from an old enlarger that had belonged to my Dad. It worked well except it couldn't raise the camera up high enough to get the distance from the coin that I wanted.

Also, I have those Testrite lights on my stand too. They work pretty well but they aren't well made. The shrouds around the bulb tend to not stay on well and the light switches themselves are poor. One of mine was broke out of the box and I had to replace it. Eric Tillery also bought a pair and had the same problems and had to replace one of his switches too. Of course, they may have improved the quality over the last couple of years. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif