• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

President Signs Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act

10 posts in this topic

news.gif President Bush signed H.R. 4902, the “Byron Nelson Congressional Gold Medal Act” authorizing the award of “a congressional gold medal to Byron Nelson in Recoginition of his contributions to the game of golf as a player, a teacher, and a commentator.”

Read more on my blog.

Scott hi.gif

I'm definitely not a golf fan, so perhaps I lack some insight, but this seems utterly preposterous to me. I can think of countless people who have contributed more significantly to society as a whole.

Hoot

Another "double bogey." Next is the "Desparate Housewives" medal....? Maybe Congress should just use the gold to plate ant butts or provide nite-lites for blind gophers....

Why not just put Frosty the Snowman on a coin? More people have heard of him... And he's got his own theme song!

The carrot just won't fit on the medal.

Hoot

Why not just put Frosty the Snowman on a coin? More people have heard of him... And he's got his own theme song!

The carrot just won't fit on the medal.

Hoot

You clearly haven't see the Twin Towers coins where they "fold open" to have the towers rise above the ashes. If we're lucky, the mint can colorize the carrot. cloud9.gif

Move over, Eunice, here comes Byron. I'm sure that the Mint will do a tremendous job with the design.

byron.jpg

He looks a bit like Colonel Sanders. Maybe a chicken commem is more in order?

I agree with LuvToCollect. In addition to being a true gentleman, champion and ambassador for the game of golf, he raised millions of dollars for charity through his golf tournaments and other charitable endeavors. If any golfer ever deserved this honor, it would be him. He has probably done more for his sport and charities than any other sports figure. 893applaud-thumb.gif