• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission of 20th Anniversary Silver coins questions

2 posts in this topic

I am sure this has already been covered to death, but I searched and did not find my answers.

1. Submit the coins in original, unopened box from US Mint. Assuming I don't have anything extra in the box that I don't want graded. However, without opening the box, I won't know. Does NGC send the additional items back ungraded?

2. If I renew my Collector Society membership, can I use the free grading coupons for submision of the silver eagle sets?

3. Do I just put one of those stick on clear plastic envelopes on the package in order to attach my paperwork?

4. Is there any fee for sending me back the mint packaging? If so, how much?

5. Can I request, on the form, that I want the three coins in a multi-coin holder? Is there any extra fee for this. Can I still use my freebie coupons for this?

6. Do I just use the forms sent to me when I joined The Collector Society? Or is there a special form for these sets. If so, where?

Can anyone think of any more questions? I think that was all I needed to know to get started.

Jonathan

• Administrator

Thank you for your questions. You'll find answers below in blue...

1. Submit the coins in original, unopened box from US Mint. Assuming I don't have anything extra in the box that I don't want graded. However, without opening the box, I won't know. Does NGC send the additional items back ungraded? Yes, you will need to complete a submission form and any adiitional coins not listed on the form will be returned ungraded.

2. If I renew my Collector Society membership, can I use the free grading coupons for submision of the silver eagle sets? Yes, but please be aware that the the coins may also be submitted under our modern grading tier. We are allowing customers to submit 20th Anniversary Coins under modern service even if they do not meet the 5 coin minimum requirement.

3. Do I just put one of those stick on clear plastic envelopes on the package in order to attach my paperwork? Please put the sealed box in another larger box and include the submission form.

4. Is there any fee for sending me back the mint packaging? If so, how much? Yes, you will be charged for the shipping costs. The total cost would vary depending on how many we are returning.

5. Can I request, on the form, that I want the three coins in a multi-coin holder? Is there any extra fee for this. Can I still use my freebie coupons for this? Yes we can put the coins in a multi holder (at no additional charge), but you will lose the additional 2 free gradings since all the coins that you are submitting for the free service must be on the same submission form (you cannot mix the 20th anniversary coins with other coins since they are receiving a special commemorative label).

6. Do I just use the forms sent to me when I joined The Collector Society? Or is there a special form for these sets. If so, where?There is no special form for these coins; you can use the standard submission form.

Click here for more information regarding the submission of 20th Anniversary Eagles. If you have any further questions, you may post them here or you may contact customer service by phone at 1.800.NGC.COIN