• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1842 D Quarter Eagle - Questions About Selling...

10 posts in this topic

Good day everyone,

I am the proud (and lucky) owner of a rare 1842 D Quarter Eagle that has been graded AU-58 by NGC. Pictures of the coin (prior to being graded) can be viewed here:

http://www.questamw.com/qe.htm

Please be patient as the images are rather large. If you click on the images, a highly detailed version of the photo will open.

At this time, I need to find a reputable buyer who will purchase this coin at a fair price. Can anyone recommend someone?

Thank you in advance,

BH

You would do well to consign this coin through a dealer who runs auctions. Two excellent dealers who fit this bill are Legend and David Lawrence. Both will give you a relatively quick turn-around on your money and both will get you a strong price for that coin in today's market.

Hoot

PM "SageRad" on this board or "RYK" on the PCGS board. I'm sure he would drool all over that one, and may be able to sell to him without a middleman. Otherwise, Doug Winter is probably you best best -- probably the top dealer in Southern Gold.

You would do well to consign this coin through a dealer who runs auctions. Two excellent dealers who fit this bill are Legend and David Lawrence. Both will give you a relatively quick turn-around on your money and both will get you a strong price for that coin in today's market.

Hoot

Legend does not deal in these and DL is not the best place to go with a specialty coin like this, IMO.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and great advice. smile.gif

One more quick question - and yes, I realize that this is all speculative:

When I suggested to a friend that I was looking to liquidate this asset, he strongly, strongly suggested that I do whatever I could to hold on to the coin for now. He believes the market for rare coins - especially gold coins - is going to explode in the near future.

What have you all heard about the rare coin market and the value of these items over the short and long terms?

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated - many thanks to all who have responded thus far. smile.gif

BH