• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price check, 1887 GB Shilling

11 posts in this topic

I grade as AU. The luster still cartwheels, but it is somewhat muted in the fields along with a couple small breaks on either side of the portrait. This isn't real evident in the picture. There seems to be quite a difference in pricing between my Krause and the Spink or even Coincraft catalog prices that I have. What would be a realistic price for this?

1441108-1887gbrsh.jpg

1441108-1887gbrsh.jpg.4e4a4f9fda296a907e448391a8b22608.jpg

Jubilee head - I have Stg 9 for EF & Stg 22 for UNC in my Coin Yearbook 2005.

I find that most coins, except for top grade coins, sell for cheaper prices then listed in the 2005 CY though.

Hope that helps. smirk.gif

No need to apologize, I had just never seen a £ as Stg before. It took me a minute.

How about a picture of a much better deal I got recently? I picked it up, along with a lot of other coins, at maybe half of catalog value and then it turns out it's the good variety and valued at CAD $200-$300. headbang.gif

1953cdn50coa.jpg

1953cdn50cra.jpg

Cool !! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I got my 1817 Shilling that my mum bought me today.

She paid Stg ( grin.gif ) 45 for it.

Send it too PCGS where it was graded MS64 !!!

Will post pictures later when I have some more time.

Excellent. Is that one of the ones with the guy that looks like a bulldog? poke2.gif I've got one of those around here somewhere, although it's just unc.

Bullfrog. That's it. thumbsup2.gif

The coin only looks like this in the right light, but it's nice when it does.

1442685-1816gbrsh.jpg

1442685-1816gbrsh.jpg.12d7eb966d78f89475ca65ede666304e.jpg

I really doubt mine would go 64, the luster is too muted and then there's the rub/cabinet friction on the reverse. You'd be saying "Oh, well that's nice" if I posted the less lit version.