• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monster gem DMPL morgan 1888-o

10 posts in this topic

Michael,

I know, from the other board, that you post images of and discuss great coins. But, this board is quiet, even if you do post great stuff here. And, If you make people here go to the added trouble to view the coin/post/thread on the other board, you are asking for too much from folks over here. Post the stuff here and don't make people go there to read it. Trust me on this one!

it is sooooooo long to retype mark but i will post on here and just type something too and post on here good idea!

you are right i usually get little response on here well here goes!

sincerely michael

this dmpl morgan is in a pcgs dmpl 65 holder and really is a 66 coin the overall look is fantastic and the mirrors

are super really ultra deep mirrored and also with a monster cameo on the obverse.

this 1888-o you usually do

not see this clean in dmpl as usually this date had many many tiny ticks all over the obverse

not so with this coin! the strike is full and the eye appeal in person is simply amazing!

this coin has exceptional eye appeal. the toning is light russet at the rims to ultra light toning covering the entire

coin on both sides

i have not see the two 66 pcgs dmpl coins but i cant imagine them looking better than this coin!

this coin again if sight seen has the deepest mirrors and deep cameo obverse for an o mint from 1888!!

this coin is 100% fully struck evenmoreso than many proofs of the era!

sincerely michael

47665-small88-o.jpg.f5d2f648659883d635074cd932a84d3e.jpg

That's better, Michael and you have gotten another reply, see!

Do you know how to "cut and paste" so you don't have to retype stuff? If not, next week when I get back from the St. Louis coin show (leaving shortly) I'll help you with it.

Highlight what you want to copy by holding down the left key on the mouse and dragging the ensuing black highlight area over the desired text. Then rightclick the mouse and select copy from the menu. Then go to where you want the text to show and right click the mouse - choose past from the menu and your text should be copied to your new document.

thanks mark!!!!!!!!!!!! have a good show

and thanks trade! i do not know much if anything about the computer but with the instructions

you gave me i am going to try doing it!!!

thanks for the heads up!

sincerely michael

I once went ice skating on the surfaces of that coin Michael! Mirror surfaces are pretty rare in Loooseeeeana! laugh.gif Thank you!

(I think you could just do a copy and paste on your CU post to get it here and then stick on the attachment - no need ot retype wink.gif)

Hoot

Michael,

Oftentimes, what I will do is to post here, and then post over there with a brief intro and then a link to the thread here. It is slightly additional typing, but it gets me the desired effect.

Those who wish to read my thread from over there can simply click on the link.

(I don't like the cut-n-paste idea; it tends to create two divergent threads of response!)

EVP

thanks for all the great responese!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to try all the suggestions i need to get more computer smart

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael