• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Through the Years in Coins 1900-2006

232 posts in this topic

I just had an idea for an interesting coin photo challenge. Here are the rules:

The first person should post a photo of any US coin from 1900.

The next post should be of any coin from 1901, then 1902...etc...to the current day.

Photos should be of your own coins.

If nobody posts the next year's coin within 24 hours of the last post, you are allowed to

post a coin from the next year in line. If you accidentally post after someone and thus

include the same year twice, please edit the duplicate post and delete it.

Please, limit your posts to a maximum of 5 years per post so other people have a chance.

If at all possible, please try and avoid posting super-wide images that stretch the viewing

window excessively.

Discussion is allowed, but try to stay on topic.

I'll let the first responder to this post start us off...

Sure, comments are allowed. Speaking of which, I wonder who keeps rating this thread so low. I personally think it's pretty interesting. confused-smiley-013.gif

Rating a thread is something I know nothing about. How is it done?

Not as dark in hand

1906ihcobvrevpan2hc6.jpg

Wow. That’s a nice dime there Victor.

Are we allowed to comment in this thread confused-smiley-013.gif

Those are some nice images as well laugh.gif

I would like to thank Mark Feld for supplying me with this beauty and Bruce Lee for capturing it in time.

acclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael, I noticed the same thing. That is why I gave the thread five stars. Unfortunately, we have been attracting some very petty souls to the boards lately. frown.gif

p.s. Your '02 O Morgan has great eye-appeal.

p.p.s. Stanley, any register board member can rate a thread whether they post or not.

Thanks for bailing me out, Stanley. If the first few coins are any indication, this is going to be a great thread. Bruce, do they have to be coins? Can we use SCD's or medals?

Chris

Stunning Barber, Victor. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, guys. You know, this is fun! yay.gif

And and great images!!!

That is a granted. Come here, Bruce, you need a big hug.... tongue.gif

You did do a fantastic job on the Barber!! thumbsup2.gif