• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC/NCS waltz: 4 coins for NGC, one for NCS

2 posts in this topic

Got another question for you fine folks:

If i have a group of coins I want to eventually get to NGC for grading (and must meet their five coin minimum) but only I have only one coin i want NCS to look at, is their a way to do this without having to pay for all of the coins going through NCS?

Specifically i have 5 Chinese silver pandas, one of them has some hazing on it (probably from those blasted soft plastic sheets they use) the others are fine. I would like to send all five in, but only want to pay for conserving/evaluating one of them.

thanks much.

The best way to handle your sitation would result in some NCS charges for those coins that you wish to only have graded but then they all can be transferred to NGC for certification under the lower priced tier. I would suggest submitting all of your coins on an NCS submission form indicating in the notes section which coins are for grading only and which you wish to have conserved before grading. The coins you wish to not have conserved and only graded will be subject to the NCS evaulation fee of 1% of your declared value or minimum of $5. This will still be more economical for you than to certify all the coins under the higher priced tier with NGC.

Chris, NCS