• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your First Coin Ever

14 posts in this topic

Many people don't even remember what their first coin was!

I may have it in an old Lincoln Cent folder, but that was from so many years (and hair folicles) ago, that I don't remember which one it was!!

Scott confused-smiley-013.gif

I remember the first coin that I bought in 1957. I won some money playing pool and the kid that lost paid me with four - one dollar bills and one silver dollar. I went to our bank and asked the teller if she had any silver dollars like the one I had. She put a bunch of them on the counter and I picked out four more, but the one that first caught my eye was the one with the same date as my grandmother's birthday. It was an 1893-CC Morgan and it cost me one buck.

Chris

I couldn't tell you exactly but I could narrow it down into a small group and I still have them all but a few which were stolen.

Just to mention 3

5 Dong ( Vietnamese )

1921 circulated Morgan

1886 BU Morgan

I can tell you the first toner that I bought, it isn't currently imaged, but I'll try and get it imaged in the not too distant future. It was a MS66FB 1944-D Mercury... bought it sometime in the late '80's.