• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Toyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Here's a couple of other nice Japan coins I picked up recently:

1812041-053.jpg

1522013-006.jpg

Oh, and congratulations on your first HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thread. thumbsup2.gif

I remember you posted that 10 sen the other day.

You got it from Greg, right? Nice coins and congrats thumbsup2.gif

I also sent in a 10 sen coin to PCGS the other day and got the same grade as yours. Would like to post a pic once I recieve it.

If you are interested in Japanese coins, it would be fun for you to attend a major coin show in Japan. The biggest one is usually held in May in Tokyo. I've never attended that show yet, but I'm hoping to join someday.

Have you been using a new and improved macro lens lately? Fantastic imaging. thumbsup2.gif

I've has the same lens for years. I have added some additional lighting and moved them around a bit which seems to give nice results.

I remember you posted that 10 sen the other day.

You got it from Greg, right? Nice coins and congrats thumbsup2.gif

I also sent in a 10 sen coin to PCGS the other day and got the same grade as yours. Would like to post a pic once I recieve it.

If you are interested in Japanese coins, it would be fun for you to attend a major coin show in Japan. The biggest one is usually held in May in Tokyo. I've never attended that show yet, but I'm hoping to join someday.

Yes, that's the 10 sen from Greg. It replaced another MS68 10 sen which also came from Greg. I'm going to try it for MS69 with my next batch of regrades. They jsut come so nice how can you resist! cloud9.gif

Japan is a pretty far way to go for a coin show. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a question: I've noticed that a lot of your very high grade world coins have somewhat late die states. Does die stress, as exhibited on the 10 sen by orange peeling, not affect grade? Why do you never see this on high grade US coins with this bad of a die state?

Good luck on your resubmission!

Japan is a pretty far way to go for a coin show. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But I've flown to the States 3 times just for coins 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you'll ever come to a coin show in Tokyo, I'll buy you lunch at a neat food shop I found the other day.....I think it said Macdonald or something like that.....

Does die stress, as exhibited on the 10 sen by orange peeling, not affect grade? Why do you never see this on high grade US coins with this bad of a die state?

Strike and die state don't seem to affect the grades much, maybe because the graders haven't seen enough to know which come sharp and which don't.

I really can't asnwer with respect to US coins.

But I've flown to the States 3 times just for coins 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow, that's dedication - and an understanding wife!

If you'll ever come to a coin show in Tokyo, I'll buy you lunch at a neat food shop I found the other day.....I think it said Macdonald or something like that.....

Speaking of McD's...

On my only trip through Asia I hit Korea, Philippines and Hong Kong. After eating the local chow in the PI for a week the McDonalds of Hong Kong were a very welcome sight!