• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin commemoratives in multi-coin holder.

2 posts in this topic

I have a complete set of Franklin commemoratives that i would like to send in for grading.

My questions:

1. Can I get all 4 (proof and ms of the young and old) slabbed in a multi coin holder?

2. I have read that i can send in my proofs in the original mint capsules and that you will remove them for free. does this also apply to the uncirculated ones as well?

3. Do I need to pay extra to have them put into a multi-coin holder right away?

4. Do modern commemorative coins qualify for the "Modern" grading tier?

thanks much for answering my questions!

• Administrator

Hi ranchhand:

Thanks for your questions. I have answered each in turn.

1. Can I get all 4 (proof and ms of the young and old) slabbed in a multi coin holder?

Yes.

2. I have read that i can send in my proofs in the original mint capsules and that you will remove them for free. does this also apply to the uncirculated ones as well?

Yes. There is no charge for capsule removal.

3. Do I need to pay extra to have them put into a multi-coin holder right away?

There is no additional charge for the Multi-Coin Holder when requested at time of submission. For complete information please see the NGC Multi-Coin Holder

4. Do modern commemorative coins qualify for the "Modern" grading tier?

Yes. The Modern Tier is for all U.S. coins from 1955 to present. The Modern Tier requires at least a five coin submission.