• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS Threaders: I want to stay in touch.....

14 posts in this topic

I was rudely barred from the PCGS threads after making a comment about the Open Forum. No warning, just a straight cut off.

I argued my case with Carol but to no avail. Hence I am hanging out here...the place were turnaround times are so much quicker.

Anyhow, to make a long ramble short, I want to stay in touch with the PCGSers as there were many beautiful coins for sale.

Please PM me here especially if you are using a different name on NGC then PCGS........and let's get the NGC threads moving !!

From your handle and one of your posts, I gather that you collect ZAR coins. I am a collector of the entire South Africa colonial period. I do not have very many ZAR coins because I will only (knowingly) buy a coin that is eligible for grading and I only want high grade issues. Most of my collection is from the Union of South Africa period but I would be interested in exchanging information with you on this series from time to time.

Sure - just send me a PM when you want to ask a question.

My graded ZAR coins are in my NGC Signature Registry - the Springorum Collection.

Of course I have many more South African coins which have not been graded yet including an entire Strachan Token set.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice PMs everyone. In responding to the request of 'what happenend' I will post it here once instead of sending it to each person that asked individually.

I deal shares ( ie stockmarket ) for a living and sometimes had discussions with people on the OF ( Open Forum ) about shares, economies etc etc.

Anyhow I had a good share which I wanted to show a few people so I went to the OF but needless to say it had been removed.

I found myself on the US Forum as I figured most people would be posting there. Anyhow long story short - I saw Icons of OF R.I.P etc so I figured I wasn't the only one that was disappointed that t he OF was gone.

So I posted - on the US Forum mind you, were I very rarely posted - that I thought that removing the OF was a mistake as I had recently read a book about Ebay ( can't remember the name or author - Inside Ebay or something like that ) and that the glue that held Ebay together were the threads in particular off topic threads.

I would have gone to the Darkside for a browse ( maybe even a post or two ) before logging off. Next time I tried to log in I couldn't so I contacted Customer Service who said that nothing was wrong and that I should check my details etc. I still couldn't get in so I contacted them again and they told me I was barred.

I asked why and Carol responded with the post that I had posted. I argued my case but to no avail.

What really, really got me that over the next week whilst reading the forums there were posts far worse then mine but those people are still posting.

So that's the story, warts and all. Now - let's liven up this NGC Darkside thread !!

Tony - I'd love to make Dublin in February too. I have exams at the end of Feb, start of March so I'll have to see the exact dates of the exams.

I don't think that I can make Dublin next weekend either as we are fitting a kitchen in an apartment. I might see if I can sneak out for Friday though but it'll have to be a day return trip !!!!

I can't believe you got banned over that. boo.gif If that's what it takes to get banned, then a third of the members across the street should have been banned long ago.

Well, in any event, I think you'll like these boards. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey ZAR! What's up buddy? I was wondering what had happened to you, and I'm sorry they treated you so crassly and unprofessionally, and I know you can't get any fair treatment from that egotistical and rude moderator over there. Have you tried using a proxy server that can hide your IP number, and then get a new handle and resume posting over there? But I can understand if the whole affair has left such a bitter taste in your mouth that you'd never even consider doing business with them again. They've been warned and coached repeatedly that their business tactics leave a lot to be desired, but they feel they're immune to market principles. Sorry you had to bear the brunt of their "customer service".

Hi Jester - nice to see you over here !!

Yes - PCGS can take a running jump as far as I am concerned. I think a barring was totally uncalled for - if I did something wrong then let me know and I can ammend my ways.

I also think that their turnaround times are way too long. I send a submission to NGC 2 weeks after I send one to PCGS. I've had the NGC submission back for over a week and the PCGS submission only has been send back. BTW that was a fast turnaround by PCGS because I thought that I would receive the coins back in November ( as judged by previous submissions ).

Anyhow I hope you are keeping well.

ZAR

I asked why and Carol responded with the post that I had posted. I argued my case but to no avail.

What really, really got me that over the next week whilst reading the forums there were posts far worse then mine but those people are still posting.

That's because she just happened to read yours and not the others' I guess. Anyway, no big deal, we know where to find you and vice versa.

Besides, there's a positive aspect to it, you will now be invited to gmarguli's wild parties for all the banned PCGS members. yeahok.gif