• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH 1812 PCGS Bust Half Dollar

2 posts in this topic

I think everyone knows the story with this, but if not there is a thread in the “U.S. Coins” forum about it.

In any event, here are the pictures that I took. I had to blast the coin with the flash to get the detail that I wanted and to show you guys what I am calling a scratch. In hand the coin is grayer and the sellers pictures are more accurate.

I am asking $125 for this coin shipped and insured and James and then Spider have first preference. As always, if you don’t like the coin when you receive it you may return it for a complete refund, just let me know.

1812oo.jpg

1812rr.jpg

sellers picks:

1812o.jpg

1812r.jpg

Thanks for looking, Winston

Sold!

Winston, I appreciate the opportunity. I don't intend to retail this coin, as I think it's a perfect example of "unmentioned net-grading". While I don't disagree with this PCGS (and NGC) practice at all, I do think it's valuable knowledge, and a way for me to demonstrate what "net-grading" means in an education manner.

Please PM me your address for payment. THANKS!