• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hit the Chelmsford Ma. coin show today....

8 posts in this topic

Took a second peak at a very nice, raw, proof indian head cent that a dealer had marked as pf/66. The number really didn't matter. The coin is a wonderful blend of violet, maroon and gold. I figure at least a 65, although grading these drives me insane at times. The mirrors were there, and I think the color is real. Tough to shell out $600 for a raw coin like that, no matter how nice I think it is. If the services don't agree with me, I'm kind of dead in the water with the coin if I want to resell. Still time to think about it before the dealer heads to Baltimore.

The show was busy. Everyone was moving and shaking. Not a ton of good stuff, but plenty of stuff. Absolutely no one complaining of not being able to move material.

I did more socializing than anything else. No real money to spend, so I did a bit more chatting. If you are from the area, and haven't been to the Chelmsford show in a while, it has grown quite a bit. Bursting at the seams, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if the show moved from it's present location at the Radisson, to a larger venue.

Lots of dealers gabbing about Long Beach, and looking forward to Baltimore. A few heading to Chicago later in the week.

Things seemed upbeat!

Hooked up with Toneddollars and Outhaul for some entertaining chatting.

Howdy - I live in the Boston area and would enjoy visiting the Chelmsford show sometime. Where do you look to find when it's running?

Beijim

Always a pleasure to run into BigD5 at the local shows. He usally has some interesting coins with him. Plus he is another set of eyes, asking if I saw this coin at such 'n suchs table. Also sat down with outhaul and talked to him about downsizing that yacht of his. I don' t think that will happen. I second Darrin about the Chelmsford show. Since Ernie took it over it has grown big time. He is also running a show in New hampshire in August that is planning to bring some national dealers. This will be a annual type show and should work out well. There isan airport right near the hotel and there is no sale tax in NH.

Hoot, Please don't say you want a pic of our ugly mugs!! Yikes!

Beijim, grab a Coin World, and look in the back under the "Shows" section, and Massachusetts. It's always in there. There is another show in Nashua N.H., and Auburn Ma. (Worcester area) each month also.

Heck, I believe there's a first Sunday of the month show in Dedham also, although I don't go to that show.