• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thing...............some of Mom's artwork.

49 posts in this topic

There are more than 300 of her paintings in our house, but these are some of my favorites..........

Acrylic - "Pendleton Roundup" (Oregon)

1421813-IMG_0944.JPG

Oil - "Venice"

1421813-IMG_0945.JPG

Watercolor - "Above-ground Pool"

1421813-IMG_0946.JPG

Egg Tempera - "Playmates"

1421813-IMG_0947.JPG

Oil - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0948.JPG

Oil - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0949.JPG

Oil - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0950.JPG

Oil - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0951.JPG

Pen & Ink - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0952.JPG

Batik - "Up, Up and Away"

1421813-IMG_0953.JPG

Watercolor - "Crabbing?"

1421813-IMG_0954.JPG

Watercolor - "Strawberry Pot"

1421813-IMG_0955.JPG

Watercolor - "Ashley & Friends"

1421813-IMG_0957.JPG

Watercolor - Untitled

1421813-IMG_0958.JPG

Fran Machuga when she won "Best of Show" for her work, "Chincoteague Ponies"

1421813-IMG_0959.JPG

1421813-IMG_0959.JPG.63e6a7499e20481de771be8968345d0d.JPG

Chris-----You know how I go WOW!! sometimes when I refer to a coin? Well, your mom deserves a double WOW! WOW! for her talents. Some folks just got it----your mom certainly had a great gift from the Almighty. Shame that we did not see them earlier. I don't know about the rest of the guys---But, I would like to see more. Bob [supertooth]

Thanks, Bob, I'll try to take some more photos. Many of them are under glass, and I have to wait until the lighting is appropriate. I also should have mentioned that Mom did all of her own framing, matting & glass cutting.

Chris

I'll add to the WOW! factor - wonderful!

My favorite among those is the dragonfly - bugs are special to my heart.

Hoot

I dont know if this is inappropriate or not .. but are these going to be for sale?

My favorite in this batch has got to be crabbing smile.gif What are realist when it comes to her artistic viewpoint on Life and her surroundings.

Very Impressed and we are truley at a loss for both her life and her talents.

Through her work she will live forever ...

Chris, did your Mom take lessons or was she self-taught? Those pictures are wonderful and a great legacy of her time with us.

Chris, did your Mom take lessons or was she self-taught? Those pictures are wonderful and a great legacy of her time with us.

She was self-taught.

Chris

Artistic talent for the most part I think is a natural thing and best left to roam free ... Teaching tends to put boundries on your natural talent so I am not surprised at hearing this. I am a self taught musician ( Bass Player ) had two lessons and left because of the constraints involved BUT I had a very good EAR and could pick up and play most songs on the Radio at a whim .. had a pretty good carreer but it became boring ... as it ended up being the same ol

5 string Fretless Bass guitar ... sure they added a 6th string but my hand wasn't large enough frown.gif what more can I do .. I could play just about anything ... Your mother HAD immeasurable talent with an immeasurable PALLETTE of inspiration .. She needed NO lessons to see what she saw ! AND I am sure there was nothing in her eyes that looked like it wwas the same as the last ...

I think I would have been inspired if I met this women ... as I know her paintings have to done.

I can't even draw a stick figure without it scaring small children, so I have a great amount of respect for artists. You either got it or you don't, and she lots had of it.

Artistic talent for the most part I think is a natural thing and best left to roam free ... Teaching tends to put boundries on your natural talent so I am not surprised at hearing this. I am a self taught musician ( Bass Player ) had two lessons and left because of the constraints involved BUT I had a very good EAR and could pick up and play most songs on the Radio at a whim .. had a pretty good carreer but it became boring ... as it ended up being the same ol

5 string Fretless Bass guitar ... sure they added a 6th string but my hand wasn't large enough frown.gif what more can I do .. I could play just about anything ... Your mother HAD immeasurable talent with an immeasurable PALLETTE of inspiration .. She needed NO lessons to see what she saw ! AND I am sure there was nothing in her eyes that looked like it wwas the same as the last ...

I think I would have been inspired if I met this women ... as I know her paintings have to done.

Music is a labor of love.. either you love it or you don't.... Its like coins... once your into it you never can get out. You will return to your bass playing.

You a music guy there Bruce . .Ye' MAN of Large Hair smile.gif

I have music recording from when I was 13 .. till about 8 years ago .. It is quite amusing to listen to the growth ..

wanna hear one of the Demos ??? ( Not to railroad this post )

There are more than 300 of her paintings in our house

300??? Are they all hanging on the wall, or are you just saying that you own more than 300 altogether? 300 on a wall would take up quite a lot of space.

Wow. Those pieces are absolutely stunning! And it clearly shows that she had skill in many different disciplines and mediums. Thank you for sharing with us. smile.gif

My favorite has to be "Crabbing?" as well, I was born in New England and have many happy memories of crabbing.

Thank you again for sharing your mom's work with us.

-Amanda

Chris.....what can I say that hasn't already been said???

Your mom is very talented and it's a shame it didn't rub off..... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

stooges.gif

Poor Chris.... sorry.gif

Being also from New England, I like the Crabbing work also. Your Mom had a special talent. I bet you are really proud of her accomplishments, Chris.