• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi!

85 posts in this topic

I post a lot across the street, but today I decided to join here, too!

I collect Buffalo Nickels and I am working on a US Type set. I am coming up on my one year anniversary as a Numismatist next month! I got my first Redbook in October 2005, a brand new 2006 Book! smile.gif It is, of course, worse for the wear now. wink.gif

Well, I hope to contribute well to these forums!

1913D1AU50lg.jpg

Here's an enlargement of the photo in my sigline, it's so cool because there are die cracks on the reverse, in the denomination and by the buffalo's tail!

I love learning about coins!

-Amanda

Glad to see you here. I'm sure this will be a great experience for you as well as for all the other board members.

It's a great group of people here.

Has anyone told you about our series of What You Neet To Know (WYNTK) threads written by members? There is some very good information there.

Has anyone told you about our series of What You Neet To Know (WYNTK) threads written by members? There is some very good information there.

I saw a thread near the top about it, it seems very interesting!

-Amanda

I hope you enjoy yourself here. I've posted here more than across the street, so I tend to be biased in my opinion, but this side seems MUCH better.

I hope you enjoy yourself here. I've posted here more than across the street, so I tend to be biased in my opinion, but this side seems MUCH better.

It seems quieter. wink.gif

I am inclined to believe that there will be less flame wars here, something that upsets me on the CU boards even when it's not directed at me.

-Amanda

Hello Amanda----And Welcome. Have read many of your posts from across the street and you are a very knowledgable young lady. You definitely will find it quieter here----we try to keep it that way. I am one of the older folks here. And Tom B is right---latch yourself onto the WYNTK threads that are archived here in NGC land. You will definitely learn a lot. Any questions---just throw them out---somebody will answer them for you. We have some very knowledgable Buffalo people here to help you. Bob [supertooth]

It seems quieter. wink.gif

I am inclined to believe that there will be less flame wars here, something that upsets me on the CU boards even when it's not directed at me.

-Amanda

This isn’t quiet this is melt down. grin.gif

Hello Amanda----And Welcome. Have read many of your posts from across the street and you are a very knowledgable young lady. You definitely will find it quieter here----we try to keep it that way. I am one of the older folks here. And Tom B is right---latch yourself onto the WYNTK threads that are archived here in NGC land. You will definitely learn a lot. Any questions---just throw them out---somebody will answer them for you. We have some very knowledgable Buffalo people here to help you. Bob [supertooth]

Thanks, supertooth! I think I am going to like it here. cloud9.gif

-Amanda

Hello Amanda. I'm the_Thing. Majority shareholder of NGC stock, Reserve Moderator and the offical Spiritual Advisor of the message boards. If you got a problem on the message boards, I'm the fella to help you out.

Hello Amanda. I'm the_Thing. Majority shareholder of NGC stock, Reserve Moderator and the offical Spiritual Advisor of the message boards. If you got a problem on the message boards, I'm the fella to help you out.

Just don't take any wooden nickels ... makepoint.gifstooges.gifstooges.gifstooges.gif

In all seriousness, I don't know Thing so cannot comment, but there is a button I believe linked to each post so if you find a problem, you just click that button and the web person will look into it. I'm not sure anymore who the moderators are that you can contact if there's ever an issue. Perphas others can post their names. Ummm i think at the end of a post there maybe a few names of board monitors you could easily click on and state your issue.

Yes, there is a list of Active Duty Moderators listed at the bottom of each page. Feel free to contact them any time if you have any problems. There is also a "Notify Moderator" button available for you to report posts to the moderator that you feel are out of line. Its one of the buttons next to "Post Extras:". We here at the NGC message board community have a very low tolerance for misbehavior and violations of message board rules. That is why NGC is THE top grading company and PCGS sucks big ones.

Hi Amanda and Welcome here .. A Lot of us checked out the other side and had a good laugh and returned. Good Bunch of people here I think you will enjoy it. I still check it (pcgs) out mostly for the ones that actually have information to impart ( Yourself Included ) there are still a 'few good men/women' there.

Please feel free to post in "Tangents: man/"woman" behind the post" love to take a gander at ya ...

smile.gif