• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I’m getting tried of the forum over there

8 posts in this topic

I’m getting tried of the forum over there. Nothing but Accent hair and Frankies, B.S. artist and con-men.

This forum seems to have more people that are really interested in the coins themselves and not the business of coins.

I have not used NGC for grading my coins yet, but I will for my next submission and cut my ties with them for good.

I have been a victim of the hype for to long.

It’s like getting a divorce, but it is time to see things as they really are and move on with life.

It’s time for a rest and to start anew.

Glen

CurrentCoin- Welcome to permanent status! You've come to a proper conclusion. The content of information available here is way beyond that available there and the degree of civility is beyond compare. No BooBopABubblegum, no Accented Hairs, no bullying and flame wars. I posted there less than a month and quickly determined that my collecting knowledge would be enhanced here and not there.

You are correct about your future submissions. I switched to NGC about 2 years ago and at first found it very uncomfortable and as you said, much like a divorce. Yet, today with all the changes that have occured in both organizations, I now feel quite confident my current submissions are in much better hands here!

Yes, if a man from Mars were to read what appears across the street, he would think that Franklin and Kennedy half dollars were the center of the numismatic universe. They aren’t as anyone who goes to major coin conventions will learn very quickly. They are actually white dwarfs that emit little light into the coin universe. Sometimes those coins are black holes that swallow new collector money that is never to be seen again.

I too now only submit coins to NGC and ANACS. Yes, sometimes I think that NGC does give out some grades that are higher than those with which I would agree, but at least they don’t low ball you time after time the way PCGS does. makepoint.gif PCGS loves to put the screws to you with low ball grades, which almost force you to crack the coins, resubmit them and pay PCGS another grading fee. As a dealer I want to give my customers a fair value, but I have no interest in giving away coins either, and that can happen to you if you put blind faith in PCGS.

And OH YES! PCGS can overgrade coins too. I suspect that they more often do it for certain people and not others.

I spend less and less time on the coin boards. These days I usually just hang out on the open forum over there.