• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1810 CBH PCGS F12 FSH *DELETED*

29 posts in this topic

Well I'll make the same offer I did on the PCGS boards.

I'll pay you the 75.00 plus shipping that winstonware was nice enough to sell you the coin for on here Publicly.

He gave you good deal on it within that thread probably because you're a fellow board member and Now you want to sell it for 125.00 across the street after starting a thread on it soliciting opinions on value when you received it.

you knew you got a deal on it.

Goose is correct. I did give you a “friendly” price because you are a fellow board member and I thought that you really wanted to the coin to hold on to and enjoy. Goose was next in line, so IMO the right thing to do would be to sell Goose the coin at the price that I gave you.

I don't happen to need the coin, but if I did, I'd be in at $80. This is not an offer, just a suggestion as to what the wholesale value of the coin is. I'd be retailing it at $110, hoping to get talked down to $100.

Chad,

You seem to be burning quite a few bridges in your dealings with your fellow board members. I’m going to give you a bit of advice, and I sincerely recommend that you do listen carefully to what I’m going to say.

In life NOTHING is more important than your word and reputation. TRUST is something that can be easily lost, but not so easily regained. While this is true for life in general, it is especially true in the coin collecting community where relationships are built upon mutual trust and respect.

If you can’t be trusted to keep your word when you give it to someone, soon you will find that no one who knows you will believe anything you say even if it is the truth. The same is true for your reputation. If you wind up with a reputation for shady dealings or for screwing people over, it won’t take long for people to no longer want to deal with you.

Well, there it is. You can take my advice or ignore it, that’s up to you. I guess it all boils down to what type of person you want yourself to be known as. confused-smiley-013.gif

John

Chad

Don't get me wrong, I have sold coins I have bought from members before but I haven't started threads on the coins immediately after I received them to solicit "value" opinions or as a guise to attract offers and then post it for sale on the forum! (knowing that the member gave me a nice price on it.)

I had to sell a coin that TomB recently sold me in order to pick up one that I was after and ran across and I actually felt bad in having to do so. I pm'd him and explained it to him. I didn't post threads on the boards about the coins. I sold the coin at a show and didn't advertise it here and I basically got my money back.

I have sold other coins from members in the past as well that I had in my possession for quite some time and they had appreciated in value and I did profit a bit on. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you're going to ask me at what point it is ok to sell such a coin, I do not know. I would opine that it is pretty tacky to do it as you have though. I sold a coin to a person that did something similar and I will never sell that person another coin.

Any profits you make on the coin should rightfully go to Winstonman in my opinion as he only sold you the coin for his reason outlined above. Your actions certainly give the appearance that you merely bought the coin to turn a quick profit, even though it's a relatively small amount.....It's the principle I guess.

Where was I untrue to anyone? I bought this coin from Winston, and now I feel it is time for me to sell it. That's it. Nothing behind door number two, no hidden magic acts, nothing!

The coin will be pulled from this board, by me, so nobody else will be in a ruckuss over it.

"In life NOTHING is more important than your word and reputation"

AND the INVESTMENT is minimal ..

This statement is the GOLD in anything you do ... coins / friends / Business / Relationships AND The "returns" are unmeasurable ...

Well said and hope respected by the recipient ...

Munkey my comments were all in jest and not to be taken seriously

mike

Chad,

I don’t think that no one wants you to sell coins here, it’s more that you were given a deal on a coin by a fellow board member because he thought he would help a YN get a coin that he really wanted. Then with in a short time, you list the same coin for sale for a higher price then he sold it to you for. How do you think that would make him feel? He could have sold the coin for more to someone else if he wasn’t trying to help you.

If you changed your mind about owning the coin, the least you should have done was list the coin on eBay and if the coin sold for more then you paid for it then so be it, but to try to start your own auction for the coin here on the boards, or ask more for the coin across the street is a slap in the face to the person who sold it to you.

John

Winston put the price on the coin at $75 even before I said I was really interested in it. He posted that he wanted an upgrade, I asked his price, and I bought it at his price. He wasn't helping me out by giving me a coin I really wanted or anything like that. He sold his coin to me fair and square.

Well, I based my posts upon the following statement made by Winston;

Goose is correct. I did give you a “friendly” price because you are a fellow board member and I thought that you really wanted to the coin to hold on to and enjoy. Goose was next in line, so IMO the right thing to do would be to sell Goose the coin at the price that I gave you.

If this is incorrect, I stand corrected, and apologize, But you know Chad, I think this quote from you speaks volumes.

Winston put the price on the coin at $75 even before I said I was really interested in it. He posted that he wanted an upgrade, I asked his price, and I bought it at his price. He wasn't helping me out by giving me a coin I really wanted or anything like that. He sold his coin to me fair and square.

John