• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this some kind of bust?

141 posts in this topic

You should be able to choose to upload one of your own. You have to check that box and then upload it for it to upload. Does that make sense?

I’ve clicked on the radio button that says "Upload your avatar". Then I clicked "Chose File". I find the location of the file (which is in the same folder as my current avatar) and then select the submit button. It refuses to change. I even tried clicking the radio button that says “I no longer want to have an avatar” and choose submit. After I did this my, old avatar disappeared. I then went back in and started the sequence over again and my old avatar was back again. I didn't have any of these problems when I uploaded my first avatar. I'll try with my other computer to see if that makes a difference.

Sounds like a refresh issue to me. Clear your browser's cache and then close and restart it. That ought to fix it if you're properly uploading the image in the first place.

Thanks MIchael and Chad for the feedback. This didn't work either, but I've had bigger problems. I will keep working on it. That Franklin avatar will get there one day. cool.gif

James, where did you get the photo? Is it a '66 or '67 SMS? It looks like there is doubling on the eye and ear. If it is one of your coins, check IGWT and the designer's initials for more possible doubling.

Chris

James, could you try to do a Saint? Either obverse or reverse I think would be beautiful.

I've tried the Saint a couple of times, but it's quite a bit more difficult than others. Here's a quick attempt of the reverse:

Saint reverse:

silhouette143.jpg

silhouette143_.jpg

I decided to play around some more and came up with a different version. I hope everyone enjoys:

Chad: Feel free to use that one, or the revised banner version (below).

Scott B: Here's some of the gold subspecies smile.gif

1581242-buffalo_grazing3.jpg

1581242-buffalo_grazing3.jpg.b64d7e3732f9850fd4bdc025917dcee1.jpg

Hi, Michael

Your Grasslands landscape of coin Bisons(Buffaloes) is just so cool! cool.gif

Thank you for sharing your work. As I stated before in this thread everyones efforts are fantastic! headbang.gif

AAJ

I decided to play around some more and came up with a different version. I hope everyone enjoys:

Chad: Feel free to use that one, or the revised banner version (below).

Scott B: Here's some of the gold subspecies smile.gif

1581242-buffalo_grazing3.jpg

Now that's diversity!! thumbsup2.gif

Here are some versions of the gold buffalo if anyone wants them for their sig lines or their avatars. I 'borrowed' the nickel version and modified it from online, so I won't post that here.

1582574-buff75l.jpg

1582575-buff75r.jpg

1582576-buff125l.jpg

1582577-buff125r.jpg

Actually, I thought the SLQ eagle might look better
That's really sweet. Any chance of putting in an indian or pioneer? Maybe one on a horse with a rifle? I'm not familiar with all the classic commems but it could be interesting.

James, hasn't the Mint been selling this, or something similar, for the last year or two?

Chris