• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Las Vegas Collection?

6 posts in this topic

Does anybody know anything about this collection? Did it get put up for auction awhile back? I saw a NGC PF66 T$1 over the weekend that was toned and looked really nice that had Las Vegas Collection on it.

Jerry

I've never heard of it and I've spent most of my life in Las Vegas. Most likely a collector from Las Vegas sold a large collection and, for marketing purposes, had it slabbed as such.

I might have heard of this collection but it is hard to remember because there are many "name" collections today that do not deserve it in my opinion. The Eliasberg, Garrett, John J. Ford (latest installment up for sale at Stack's), Pittman and Norweb collections deserve this distinction. Many of these other "name" collections are registry sets that while they are of the higest quality and better than what most of us can accumulate, are not going to be remembered because there will be many others like them in the future.

Thanks for the help everybody. I guess it wasn't a big enough collection to get it's own auction...at least can't find that it was so far. I thought maybe Superior might have auctioned it off, but their archives aren't going to tell you that!

Jerry