• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at what I found today!

24 posts in this topic

I was doing some yard work today, basically pulling a few weeds from the flower beds around the house. I was almost done when I grabbed a bit of crab grass close to the mulch and pulled it up.

Well, anyone who has done this knows that the mulch and some of the dirt is disturbed, and pulled up as the roots come out of the ground. When I went to pat this area down again I noticed something odd under the disturbed mulch. This is what I found.

1400971-Franklinfindobv.jpg1400974-Franklinfindrev.jpg

Other then washing it with soap and water this is exactly as it came out of the ground. I have no idea how long in was there, but I think it’s in great condition for being buried in a flower bed for who knows how long.

John

Now, if someone buried it there intentionally then is it considered AT?

Victor I can't believe that you tried to start that discussion 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

I know. I was being an instigator. devil.gif Shame on me. grin.gif

That's pretty darn cool. Did your wife put it there to encourage you to do more yard work? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

lol

Just get the metal detector out. It will be much easier.

BTW---Sweet find.

I was thinking the same Bruce. VERY clost to FBL! I wish I found things like that in my garden... All I find is earthworms foreheadslap.gif
Dude ..do you know how much worms are for fishing??

Guy’s,

You know what I thought the coolest thing about finding this Frankie was? It’s that I live in a rural area, my home is in a development that is only 12 years old and is surrounded by farms and woods. Before my home was build the land it is on was part of the surrounding farms.

So, just how did this coin wind up where it did? 50 years ago did it fall from a framer’s pocket while he was plowing a field? Or maybe a hunter dropped it from his pocket while reaching for some more shells to reload his side by side 12 ga. This is what I love about this hobby, the history and romance of how an old coin spent its life over the years.

Then again TomB could be right about my wife just putting it there to get me to do more yard work, but even if this is true I prefer to think it got there by one of my two theories. wink.gif

John

New Jersey – I was trying to picture the scenery.

I'll give you a hint...12 million people, too many houses, trees (or lack thereof), AND BILLIONS OF MOSQUITOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mowed the lawn yesterday at 2pm and I was eaten alive. They ususally don't come out during the day. The bugs are bad this year. frown.gif

Hey Zach,

I don’t know where in Jersey you are, but this has been my second summer here and I have not been bothered by mosquitoes yet, and I live between two of the largest reservoirs in the state, and can walk to a river from my house.

It may have something to do with all the open farm land around me though. With all that open land, there’s nothing to stop the wind and we usually have a nice breeze. cloud9.gif

Anyway, do me a favor and keep feeding those little buggers so they stay away from me! thumbsup2.gif

John