• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 Kennedy Accented Hair PF69* - Taking REASONABLE OFFERS

14 posts in this topic

For you HIGH END Kennedy Collectors, I am offering this coin for sale here first BEFORE it goes to SLEEZEBAY - Its is a finest known example of the ACCENTED HAIR 1964 Kennedy and is one of three with NON Better.

The Obverse is a DEEP cameo with extreme 'HEAD" smile.gif and Flashy Mirrors and the reverse just a partial cameo and just sharp clean Proof 69-70 appearence .. giving it its visual "*" Rating from NGC.

Coin can be varified here 296377-019.

Pictures will be posted shortly but I would like to know if there is sufficient interest to do so ...

Let me know what you think ...

thumbsup2.gif

1964_ken.jpg

I know my pictures suck .. but I think you can see the attributes of this coin .. ANY marks are on the BRAND new holder unfortunately and the other issues are my lighting. This coin is unmarked and flawless (like)

PM me if you would like to make an offer.

Its is a finest known example of the ACCENTED HAIR 1964 Kennedy and is one of three with NON Better.

Any ball park idea what they are selling for?

Heritage this week

NGC PF68CAM $1700

NGC PF69CAM $4000

Teletrade

PCGS PF68 Not CAM $800 ( A year Ago )

PCGS PF69 Not CAM $1000 ( A Year Ago )

I would assume this coin some where in between - Valuation is tough

becuase of the relatively NEW designation of Star - There have been NONE sold

in the last 3 years since its inception where it replaced NGC "W" designation.

I would think with good marketing It will do between $1000-3000 depending on the motivation of the buyer.

If any one has any other valuation information please forward it along to me as there have been no offers so its is probably off to Ebay soon.

Mike

Pretty coin, I'd think, in its current holder, you would be looking at $700.00 on eBay, give or take. (Be leary of Heritage pricing on unsold contemporary coins. Sometimes they don't fall in line with real world pricing.) The Teletrade prices also seem a little out of whack. Here's a PCGS PR68 that's been on eBay for awhile now at a BuyItNow of $200.00 eBay LINK to PCGS PR68 AH Kennedy

The only issue is if it was to cross to PCGS it would cross, best case scenerio, as a straight PR69 (no CAMEO, as NGC didn't award it due to weak reverse, neither will PCGS).

So the plus is you've got an NGC STAR with an obverse that is highly attractive, the negative is it is not an overall CAMEO and many collectors like seeing these in PCGS holders for the higher dollar Kennedys. I recently purchased one of these for a little over $1,200.00 in PCGS PR68 CAMEO. A PCGS PR67 CAMEO purchased shortly after that was much, much less.

Good luck with it! If you've got a price in mind before entering it to eBay please give me a PM.

Thank you for your comments Braddick as I rebut ...

(Be leary of Heritage pricing on unsold contemporary coins. Sometimes they don't fall in line with real world pricing.)

I dont understand this comment as these prices are current auctioned SOLD prices of Similar coins this week not UNSOLD contemporary coins as you reiterated to ..

((The Teletrade prices also seem a little out of whack.)

These are actual history prices SOLD on Teletrade ... out of whack or not they selling prices of similar coins ( a year old so prices have I am sure gone up not down )

((Here's a PCGS PR68 that's been on eBay for awhile now at a BuyItNow of $200.00 )

Not even close to a comparable coin. I thought my pictures were bad smile.gif

Those are REALLY bad of an ordinary coin. Hmmm wonder why its been there a while

(The only issue is if it was to cross to PCGS it would cross, best case scenerio, as a straight PR69 (no CAMEO, as NGC didn't award it due to weak reverse, neither will PCGS)

As far as crossing over to a PCGS , Its not an issue I am concerned about or care about ... as far as CAMEO .. I don't need NGC OR PCGS to tell me what it is or Isn;t., I knew what it was when I sent it to certifiy smile.gif

I still believe this coin will do well , Any offers within this range would be seriously considered.

PM me with an Offer if you so choose, Thanks and

With Regards,

Mike

Actually, they DID tell you this coin had a cameo obverse. This coin was not necessarily given a STAR designation for eye appeal. The reason they gave this coin a STAR was for the Cameo or Deep Cameo obverse. The eye appeal looks great, but this coin could have been hazy or spotted and still get the STAR for a Cameo or Deep Cameo obverse.

As for pricing, the coin is worth considerably more than any normal 69. It will depend on the price of a 69 in Cam or Deep Cam (whichever this coin is) and what someone is willing to pay for a coin that shows Cam or Deep Cam on just the obverse.

It looks very nice! thumbsup2.gif

I agree and the reverse is close buy not close enough for a full cameo designation. I just realized that they actually have a CAMEO * also ...

I think that is a little overboard for designations you ???

I agree and the reverse is close buy not close enough for a full cameo designation. I just realized that they actually have a CAMEO * also ...

Ever seen a DEEP CAMEO*? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ever seen a DEEP CAMEO*? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, yes. It wasn't a 1964 but NGC has graded Kennedys PR69 UltraCameo * (STAR) as I've owned two.

jgrinz, thanks for the above clarification too, I agree. I was, without looking at the Heritage site, under the impression they were coins being offered, not coins that have sold.

PM sent on yours though... as I am interested.

And here it is Thanks Braddick... thumbsup2.gif See Attachment

I am also very Interested so if it goes to Ebay please post it so we know. Or if you have a price in mind PM me Thanks..

----------------------------------------

sig.jpg

1399093-000_0531.jpg.4b1320587566f8a7ddfb2532ccd7a65e.jpg

Thats another really neat coin. A Deep Cameo Star would have to have extra heavy deep cameo that is (at least on the obverse) above and beyond the minimum requirement for Deep Cameo. Or it could have gotten the star for eye appeal, of course.