• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central Florida Coin Club Show

2 posts in this topic

I went to the Central Florida Coin Club show yesterday in Orlando. To be honest I was rather dissappointed. Nobody was buying what I had, and nobody had what I wanted to buy. The show was rather slow, and while the tables were full it seemed like the aisles were empty. I heard more than one dealer talking about how there was nobody there. Several dealers were also remarking how the market has been pulling back in general. Inventory is just not moving. What with wars, and gas prices, and general fear about the economy, people have been pulling back. We all knew the bull market couldn't last forever, but the upshot is prices should come down a bit.

The highlight of the show came at around 11:10. Someone opened a big door in the back of the building, and everyone poured outside onto the fairgrounds. A few people had radios, and we all counted down the shuttle launch. It was a nice day, with just a few clouds, and we could see the shuttle: a bright streak in the sky. Although we were over an hour driving distance away, the view was still pretty good.

So, I bought a couple of cheap things to fill holes in Whitman albums, and I bought a bright white 1953-S MS-65 Franklin, in an old NGC fattie, but other than that my time would have been better served going to Cape Canaveral.

I am a member of that club but have not attended a recent meeting due to selling off all my coins. In the past, I have not been real impressed with the show or turnout either. The FUN show is the one I wait for all year long..... thumbsup2.gif