• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878-S Morgan - finally a decent image

16 posts in this topic

I've had this coin for a long time. Up until now, it always came out very dark with no real color showing. With the advanced controls on the new D200 I've finally managed to capture an image that is very close to what the coin looks like.

1878s_pcgs64_21084242.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with that shot. The image looks exactly like the coin in hand.

It is a PCGS MS64. It was in a recent NGC 64 holder. As much as people try to claim NGC Morgans are gradely loosely, I crossed enough of them to say that isn't the case, well over 95% of coins I cracked and submitted to PCGS came back as the same grade.

Patrick, I never heard from you. You really ought to come over and see the setup, and bring some coins if you would like some nice pictures of them.

Patrick, I never heard from you. You really ought to come over and see the setup, and bring some coins if you would like some nice pictures of them.

Eric I was going to wait till I had a bit more time....I'm working 10 to 14 a day right now and My Daughter started Kindergarten so I am a little Whipped ,,,Give me about a week..I have gotten a boatload of raw Morgans for you to check out.(And a couple of rattlers I am thinking may upgrade)

You know my girl got me into coins but you got me into Morgans. thumbsup2.gif

I thought you may be busy. Keep in touch, I'd like to chat with you again.

I'm going to be in Southern CA from Oct 7 to Oct 21, so either before or after will be fine.

Are you still out in New Kent? Or did you make it back into Richmond?

I thought you may be busy. Keep in touch, I'd like to chat with you again.

I'm going to be in Southern CA from Oct 7 to Oct 21, so either before or after will be fine.

Are you still out in New Kent? Or did you make it back into Richmond?

I am back in Richmond,,,My daughters Mother is haveing problems doing the right thing so I made her day and moved within a mile of my daughter.....I will go into details when we hook up.

Ooh, that is a great image. Nicely detailed, sharp and realistic! What sort of lighting did you use?

James

Believe it or not, PAR 30 Sylvania Daylight Plus bulbs. I have the expensive quartz lights, but they don't work as well for coins.