• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Right Way to sell an AT coin in a "Third World" holder on Ebay

12 posts in this topic

Shocking that Hayden would sell this coin since it is AT. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess that ultra tiny disclaimer is OK. poke2.gif

Hayden, your S&H costs are screwed up.

Shipping:

We charge a flat rate of only $3.25 no matter how many auctions you win.

Shipping Cost Services Available Service Transit Time* Available to

US $4.95 US Postal Service Priority Mail® Estimated delivery 2-3 days United States only

Shocking that Hayden would sell this coin since it is AT.

Careful . . . that statement can be taken as evidence of your belief that there is such a thing as Artificial Toning. Gotta guard against those little slip-ups. 893naughty-thumb.gif

The Right Way to sell an AT coin in a "Third World" holder on Ebay

Heh,thanks tongue.gif

Shocking that Hayden would sell this coin since it is AT. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess that ultra tiny disclaimer is OK. poke2.gif

It used to be the same size type as the rest of the description,I decided to try something new wink.gif

Shipping:

US $4.95 US Postal Service Priority Mail® Estimated delivery 2-3 days United States only

No,it's just fine,take a look down the auction page:

US $14.85 US Postal Service Express Mail® Overnight to many areas United States only

US $3.25 Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service United States only

US $4.99 Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping Worldwide

Folks are free to choose what service they want to use...

It used to be the same size type as the rest of the description,I decided to try something new wink.gif

Try the white font on white background. wink.gif

Shipping:

No,it's just fine,take a look down the auction page:

US $14.85 US Postal Service Express Mail® Overnight to many areas United States only

US $3.25 Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service United States only

US $4.99 Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping Worldwide

Folks are free to choose what service they want to use...

Ahh, I just noticed when I placed my bid that it said S&H would be $4.95 and that differed from your auction text.

"RAINBOW TONED" 1886 Morgan Dollar "NTC MS-67" thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hayden is too honest. I wonder how much more he would get if he listed it as "NTC MS-67 MONSTER RAINBOW TONED MORGAN DOLLAR, TRENDS $2,000!!! 27_laughing.gif

Bah!, no need to even mention NTC for that matter! Or better yet, change it to Ceritified. insane.gif

Yes, the word "certified" is better than NTC. Who does a search on NTC? tongue.gif

Better yet, it should say "certified, not NGC or PCGS" cool.gif

I agree with Greg, perhaps the honest grading opinion should be in larger font. poke2.gif

Bah!, no need to even mention NTC for that matter! Or better yet, change it to Ceritified. insane.gif

Yes, the word "certified" is better than NTC. Who does a search on NTC? tongue.gif

Better yet, it should say "certified, not NGC or PCGS" cool.gif

I wasn't going to say anything, but in actuality, this coin is not certified. NTC does not offer any kind of financial guarantee of their grades, and therefore, no certification comes into play. Only PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG certify coins. The other TPGs merely "grade" and "encapsulate" them.

Here's a post I made a few months ago addressing this issue. Although I think Hayden is being honest, scummy eBay sellers frequently use the term "certified" in reference to third-world holders in order to take advantage of bidders' confusion regarding the correct meaning of "certified".

Hayden makepoint.gif, you should be ashamed mad.gif.

27_laughing.gif Just kidding!

James